DICE PACKS BUNDLE

August 19th Game Day

Join us this Saturday for our free Fantasy Grounds Game Day. Players only need a free Demo account of Fantasy Grounds to participate. The schedule and more information can be found in the Warhorn link: https://warhorn.net/events/fantasy-g...session-494635

Yes, I know this was yesterday. But I have questions about the listing.

First, when I look at the Warhorn listing, I see times listed at GMT-7. Does this mean that the times given are what is colloquially called Pacific Daylight Time in the United States? In other words, the game that started at 5 am -- and who thought that I wanted to get up earlier on the weekend than I do on weekdays -- would start at 8 am in most of Florida.

The next question is about the [Play to Learn] tag. Does that mean that you're open to complete beginners? I've installed the software and purchased and installed the standard license. But I haven't played any role playing games in decades, much less played them on a computer. Will the DM have patience for players like me?

Next comes the question of sound. I noticed that the sessions use Discord for communication. I've never used Discord for verbal communication. Is there a guide out there for how to set this up? At work, I use my computer's built in microphone and camera (in Teams). Should I get a headset instead?

Finally, I watched the two part Quick Start video for FGU. Are there any other videos I should watch before attempting to play?

Sorry for the long set of questions. I don't want to sign up for any games until I know that I've cleared any hurdles I can think of. (And of course there will be some that I haven't thought of.)
    FredrikVladimir

Primarily looking for Mongoose Travellers 2e

Central Florida, USA

Hi FredrikVladimir,

First for the listing time zone. The Warhorn event system defaults to PDT. However, if you create an account on Warhorn there is a user setting to set your time zone. This will localize the times to you if you are logged in.

Play to Learn means it's for players both new to Fantasy Grounds and to the ruleset. Anyone is welcome regardless of experience though.

We don't maintain any 'how to's' for Discord. I recommend checking out their Help Center starting with Getting Started: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us. As an everyday Teams user the biggest difference, to me, is that we don't schedule meetings for voice. We have dedicated voice channels that are always open for players to jump into. Discord will look more like a forum with text threads and voice channels.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Greg

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it out next week.
    FredrikVladimir

Primarily looking for Mongoose Travellers 2e

Central Florida, USA

Thread Information