FG Spreadshirt Swag

Subattack examples?

Hey guys, I am updating a module I want to run (my first in SWADE) and while I was trying to understand effects in SWADE and was reading: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ts-Help/page11 I came across suggestions for certain problems like ajusting bullets(>don't recall exactly the example) or range by creating "subattacks" on weapons.

Is there a place (only saw a reference to the redial button for sub-attack in the docs pdf, which is obviously older) where I can read a post or wiki where both the mechanics and the "whys" of why you might choose to add a subattack is? I was inferring it could be done to make attacks that might automatically apply range minuses or ones that used more ammo etc?

Any decent examples out there if there are no good writeups?
    Also - is this only done in the actual game campaign? From what little I read, it appears it is a character sheet only thing so one would add it as necessart for each character?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Hey guys, I am updating a module I want to run (my first in SWADE) and while I was trying to understand effects in SWADE and was reading: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ts-Help/page11 I came across suggestions for certain problems like ajusting bullets(>don't recall exactly the example) or range by creating "subattacks" on weapons.

Is there a place (only saw a reference to the redial button for sub-attack in the docs pdf, which is obviously older) where I can read a post or wiki where both the mechanics and the "whys" of why you might choose to add a subattack is? I was inferring it could be done to make attacks that might automatically apply range minuses or ones that used more ammo etc?

Any decent examples out there if there are no good writeups?
    Also - is this only done in the actual game campaign? From what little I read, it appears it is a character sheet only thing so one would add it as necessart for each character?

Thanks!
    Here an example of a problem where sub attacks come in handy - Double-Barreled shotguns. Being carried by someone using a mix of solid slugs and shot. It changes damage depending what ammunition the player says is loaded. It also has different answers depending on how the player says his character pulls the trigger. The same double barrel gun will cause

3d6 damage at Short Range, 2d6 at Medium, and 1d6 at Long
    3d6+4 damage at Short Range, 2d6+4 at Medium, and 1d6+4 at long.
    Or 2d10 or even 2d10+4 across all ranges and that will go out to extreme range.

There is one instance of a particular shot gun on the equipment tables. However once on character sheets it supposed to be customised based on ammunition load and tactics as required. The weapon is entered once and can be duplicated with sub attack. With each version have its own modifiers. So in the module set the value at up to 3d6. End users can set up sub attacks for all of the above if they want to not forgetting factor the +2 to hit at short range.

A quick and dirty example just showing mutiple damage outputs for the same gun. This a NPC Gangster has a single barrel pump action loaded with traditional rounds. There no chance of him getting to long range and he only has standard shot rounds. Lets give him two damage results for the same weapon . It even drops the a different weapon name to chat when used so everyone knows whats going on. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...3&d=1669935932

Here is another problem. A player has a gun that can fire single shots or full autofire. If it fires once single and the on full auto how many bullets did it fire? - Sub attacks draw from the same source so it is never a problem Capture.PNG
    Last edited by Lonewolf; August 16th, 2023 at 12:24.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

A big one we use it for as well is weapons that double as melee and thrown. Thus pick up that dagger, but then add a sub-attack for it with the appropriate stats for when it's thrown.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Guns with a scope/rangefinder that impacts stats... one for normal, one for the scope is a common one I see often.

Thread Information