DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A hearty thanks, and a question.

I can't express enough how helpful this forum is. I feel like a kid in a gaming store back in the 80's with this program. I have learned and modified so much for my upcoming campaign. This is seriously amazing. I utilized this program for my youngest son's game that I've been running for 7 years with his friends this past weekend. We put FG on the tabletop 42" screen on our table and I had entered in their characters and combat stats. Battles went from taking an hour or two, to about 15 minutes. I never had to open a single book which was amazing. Better yet, it gave me a ton of practice with running maps and combat for my upcoming online campaign. Thank you to everyone who has made this happen.

I have spent a few hours perusing the forums looking for an answer to this next question, and only had a partial success. I see how to utilize quests and encounters to distribute XP to the party screen, however, I was curious if there was an automated function that exists as to adding XP based on the alternative XP chart in RMC core. I have always used this in my games. XP for crits, kills, successful static MNs etc. Is there anything that does that as far as actions that take place on the table resolver and am I just missing it? Or is that just too much of a PITA to code in?

Thanks again for all that you do!

Blog Entries
    I use this extension.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/328/view

You have to manually enter the number of instances in each box manually, but it sums up the appropriate amount of XP according to the data you enter, and will automatically add it to the PC's sheet total at the click of a button.

It's great to read how FG is making running a Rolemaster game easier for you. Way back seeing how FG handled Rolemaster is what sold me personally on getting the program instead of going with roll20. I've never regretted that decision.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Welcome and thanks for the feedback. I was just speaking with someone yesterday about the usefulness of forums and how the younger generations may not even know what a forum is. They have fallen out of favor.

I love using the forum! But I know what anxiety is and sometimes I resort to the help of the community on Discord.
    Glad you liked my extension JohnD! I would like to automate it in some aspects but unfortunately I have no idea how the desired automation was to place the level difference against the crit.
    Example: I'm Level 6 and I'm facing a Level 8 enemy, that is the difference is 2. Let's say I hit an E Critical on him in "Solo" mode so instead of Mark 2, I would mark 1 and multiply the value by the difference , thus improving the control of XP.
    And I admire you Kungsarme for playing Rolemaster with your son!
    I got to know this system after I was old and I loved it! But what's not to love if I like GURPS!

Heh. I'm pushing 50 now, our first two kids never caught the tabletop bug. Our youngest asked about it when he was 10 and a week later him and his two best friends were ready to transition from MERP to Rolemaster. That first campaign ended last year, and we began another. This has no doubt helped in solidify life long relationships for him.

Speaking of which, 3 of the players I'm running this upcoming game for sat at our table when I was 13. We've all been friends for 40 years. Roleplaying, music, art, and skateboarding always kept us close.

This program seriously helps in re-igniting the roleplaying part for us as a group. Thanks again to everyone who had a part in making it. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon enough!

Totally awesome to hear FG and RM bringing old buddies and fam together.
    As y’say, there just isn’t anything else close to doing what this VTT is doing for making RM a breeze to play, especially when being able to play it PnP style on an imbedded TV for maps with LoS or animated tokens/maps!

Can’t wait to hear of RFID Tags attached to real tokens that can be tracked on your TV next! I saw it years ago with a Wii homebrew someone made and have been pining to do something similar ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungsarme View Post
    I have spent a few hours perusing the forums looking for an answer to this next question, and only had a partial success. I see how to utilize quests and encounters to distribute XP to the party screen, however, I was curious if there was an automated function that exists as to adding XP based on the alternative XP chart in RMC core. I have always used this in my games. XP for crits, kills, successful static MNs etc. Is there anything that does that as far as actions that take place on the table resolver and am I just missing it? Or is that just too much of a PITA to code in?
    With the way things are handled in the ruleset now, it might be possible to code in the RM XP. I would have to look at it again to see if there is a good way that I could implement it because in the past it wasn't really possible but with the Apply button that makes it something that should be possible.

Oh man, Yeah, I saw some things like that a few years ago. I'm sure it isn't terribly far in the future that this sort of thing would be possible on a large scale.

I'm spending a lot of time now on the maps and trying to familiarize myself with lighting layers and players line of sight etc. Just dipping my toes in now, but I need to get up to speed quick on it.

I've spent the last few hours editing the Gryphonburg map from the Green Gryphon Inn module. Opening up the town maps, then adding a location map into each pinned description so I can quickly and easily open a location as the players explore the city. Ideally I want to go back through all my modules and make maps with modern graphics and tools to emulate what the old line drawing maps and graph paper style maps look like.

I played Gemstone III back in the early 90's all the way through about 2010 fairly regularly. Getting a similar sense of awe with how easily this program works with RMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Totally awesome to hear FG and RM bringing old buddies and fam together.
    As y’say, there just isn’t anything else close to doing what this VTT is doing for making RM a breeze to play, especially when being able to play it PnP style on an imbedded TV for maps with LoS or animated tokens/maps!

Can’t wait to hear of RFID Tags attached to real tokens that can be tracked on your TV next! I saw it years ago with a Wii homebrew someone made and have been pining to do something similar ever since.
    15 years ago, Microsoft demo'ed the original Surface device, it was the size of a coffee table, and had all of those features.

I wish they had pursued it more.

That would be phenomenal. I am not so saavy, but it seems that if the system can do base spell rolls figuring caster level from target level, it would, in my uninformed opinion be similar to track an xp field in a similar manner. 3 of my players are software engineers and I know they are interested in looking under the hood at all of this.

Thread Information