STAR TREK 2d20

Targetting SP or HP in an effect (or can't get FHEAL to work)

Hello all,

Sorry if asking something well known, but I will blame the search function of the forum for not having been able to find an answer.

How could I increase the HP or Temporary HP or SP of a character through an effect ? The FHEAL effect does not seem to work at all (it does not increase HP or SP).

More specifically, I'm trying to implement the Nanocyte's Reactive Repair Faculty which basically gives a FHEAL for Temp. HP and SP.

Regards,
    Last edited by 39Sam; July 18th, 2023 at 16:56. Reason: minor

FHEAL: # seems to work fine for me. I do not know of any way to do it with SP and or Temp HP, other than set up a heal effect that you can use every round. Not the most efficient way to do it, but it works.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    FHEAL: # seems to work fine for me. I do not know of any way to do it with SP and or Temp HP, other than set up a heal effect that you can use every round. Not the most efficient way to do it, but it works.
    Madman..
    Thanks a lot for your input. I'll check why my FHEAL setup is not working. Following your suggestion I implemented simple Heal effect but I have a very strange behavior of the heal effect for SP :
    FGU-Starfinder-HealSP-1.png

This is really strange, the SP heal is transformed in damage (as if my character was undead) and subsequently resisted !?!?! (there are no resist effect on my character. The heal code is very simple as you can see below.
    FGU-Starfinder-HealSP-2.png

Well, best guess is that you have an extension running that is affecting it. This is not what I am seeing. Does the character have damage that can be healed?

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Yes character has SP damage, and I do have Thelgor's "Effects and Effects Spell" module activated.

Will try to disable it and let you know if something change.

To follow-Up on my issue (and if someone has the same troubles) :
    1) Thelgor's module is not related to the issue (same behavior with or without)
    2) The issue comes from the POSITION of the effect in the spell actions list !

If I create the SP Heal action first in the list it works ! If I create it after the HP Temp heal action it does not work and shows the strange behavior I noticed.

I suspect there's some global variable in play, but I'm not good enough to look in the code handling the heal effects...

Thread Information