DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[BRP] Weapon items doesn't have a "weapontype" set

All weapon items lacks a weapontype, see image below for an example.

weapon_type_missing_20230609.jpg

Looking in the module (BRP Game System X) database, the xml-element "weapontype" is set (to a numeric value), "1" for missile weapons and "0" for melee weapons.

The practical effect is that weapons who are dragged onto the main tab get sorted as melee weapons even if they are missile weapons, which is a bit annoying. It doesn't matter if the item is dragged to the main tab or to the inventory, the weapontype remains unset. A side effect is that those missile weapons that gets damage bonus, gets the wrong damage bonus. They get melee damage bonus instead of the missile one.

The weapon type combobox is populated but no value is selected.

Studying /campaign/scripts/item_main.lua, /scripts/global.lua and /scripts/manager_gameline.lua it seems to me that the code that selects an item out of the list in the combobox might be missing.

/Peter
    Last edited by peterb; June 9th, 2023 at 12:28.

Thanks for reporting. I just pushed a fix for this to the beta Test channel to be released with other v4.4 changes.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm sorry but when I use the test channel version to test dragging missile weapons onto the main tab, the weapon type is properly set, but the sorting of weapons into melee and missile weapons now seems broken. Missile weapons still ends up among the melee weapons. If I change the weapon type from missile to melee and then back to missile, nothing happens. The weapon is still sorted among the melee weapons.

Ah, I just fixed the combobox on the items sheet not displaying nor settings the correct data, since that appeared to be the main issue. I'll have to take an additional look at the PC sheet sorting for weapons.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, I pushed another patch to fix the weapon filtering on the front page of the PC sheet. Similar issue as the item record.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you! I've tested on my side and now its works like a charm.

Thread Information