Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Issues with FGU

Issues with FGU

So I am new to FGU and I am trying to set up my first campaign using DND 3.5e rules.
    Been making some progress, but running into issues with some character creation. I seem to not have a commoner NPC (zombie, human commoner but no human commoner) and I can't seem to find Dragonborn stuff anywhere.

I did find an advanced races module in the forum post below which certainly expanded on the basic 3.5e rule book, but for all the races it added it still didn't have any dragonborn.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Advanced-Races

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, or am I missing something right in front of my face?

Blog Entries
    WotC has never granted a license for 3.5 to be converted and distributed for FG. Therefore the only "stuff" that can legally distributed is stuff that falls under the SRD or OGL (or is created/owned by some other IP holder).

Been decades since I've used 3.5, so I'm assuming the Dragonborn was never released under the OGL or SRD, so you are going to have to create it yourself. Or switch to PF 1E and obtain it in the Pathfinder ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

For D&D 3.5E, FGU only comes with the 3.5E SRD material provided by Wizards of the Coast (the publisher of D&D). They never provided a license for any other 3.5E material to be made or sold.
    https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Also, Dragonborn were never a core race in 3.5E, but added by a much later add-on book (Races of the Dragon). Dragonborn weren't a core race until 4E, and continued in 5E.

The 3.5E ruleset is also the basis for the Pathfinder 1E ruleset; which has much deeper support by the publisher, Paizo.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah, well then that makes a lot of sense on the dragonborn stuff. Thanks guys.

Thread Information