STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Encounter Descriptions Extension

Available free in the FG Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1233/view

Rulesets Tested: CoreRPG, D&D 5E, D&D 2E, D&D 3.5E, D&D 4E, Pathfinder 1, Pathfinder 2, CoC6e, CoC 7e, d20 Modern, DCC, Mutants & Masterminds, OSE2, Savage Worlds, RMC, Starfinder, Traveller (MGT2), Vaesen

How to use: Activate the "Feature: Encounter Descriptions" extension for your campaign. Use the Description/Links field at the bottom of an encounter window as required!

Adds a formatted text description/links field at the bottom of the encounter record window; this allows additional data to be added directory to an encounter record - descriptive text, links to other records, etc..

Note: This should be compatible with most CoreRPG rulesets. However, some rulesets (D&D 5E based rulesets in my testing) have a slightly different naming for the FG XML definition, and this is handled within the extension specifically for those rulesets.

If there are other rulesets this doesn't work with, or you have other issues, please report in this thread.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 7th, 2024 at 02:36.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Reserved...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ooh Shiny!

Very nice!

Nice work. I did notice that this ext is hiding the buttons for "NPC Random Treasure Drops" ex by Troy. S1 is without this ext and s2 is with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Nice work. I did notice that this ext is hiding the buttons for "NPC Random Treasure Drops" ex by Troy. S1 is without this ext and s2 is with it.
    Unfortunately I don't have access to that paid extension, so I won't be able to investigate a fix. If it's an issue for you, please ask the devs of that extension to see if they can work out a way to make them compatible. My extension is available in the standard data directory, so it should be easy enough for them to access and review.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have access to that paid extension, so I won't be able to investigate a fix. If it's an issue for you, please ask the devs of that extension to see if they can work out a way to make them compatible. My extension is available in the standard data directory, so it should be easy enough for them to access and review.
    I will up stream it to them. Thanks!

Fantastic extension!

One request... (no idea how difficult this is to do):

Would it be possible to have the new "Description/Links:" field to scale in size vertically when the window is expanded?

Thread Information