DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hackRPG View Post
    For now I'll kick of Masks of Nyarlathotep on FG and see how it goes..
    That'll keep you busy for a while - fantastic campaign, I hope you enjoy it! And good luck to the players - they'll need it...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    What about all the feats, weapons, magic items that belong to that class.
    Included. Feats. Weapons. Magic Items.
    2023-08-16 19_43_25-Foundry Virtual Tabletop.png
    2023-08-16 19_45_24-Foundry Virtual Tabletop.png
    2023-08-16 19_46_18-Foundry Virtual Tabletop.png
    2023-08-16 19_47_22-Foundry Virtual Tabletop.png

Are all the Gunslinger feats and Ways in there?
    Yes

If so, who entered them into Foundry? Is it a separate module?
    No, when you set up a game you select a game world. Pathfinder 2 is one of many game systems you can choose from. It comes with all the character creation stuff included.
    You need to buy modules for content like adventures and adventure paths.

Do you have to pay for it or is it free?
    Foundry has a once off cost - from memory $50. You can install game worlds free.
    But no ability to buy the rule books / sourcebooks.

Who supports that module?
    Who programmed the new traits for guns into Foundry?
    Do they get paid?
    Volunteers who love the game by the looks of it.
    https://github.com/foundryvtt/pf2e
    Last edited by hackRPG; August 16th, 2023 at 12:03.

It's only half true that you don't buy books for foundry.

You can buy officially created and supported modules from paizo: https://paizo.com/store/gaming/acces...irtualTabletop

AFAIK, a lot of the foundry stuff is free because there's a bunch of passionate people essentially re-creating AON in foundry. I don't actually know how the licensing works with paizo, or why AON is free, but that was my understanding.

I feel like if someone really wanted to, they could do the same thing for FGU. It would just take an extraordinarily long time to do, and conflict with all the official material.
    Last edited by ThirdSign; August 16th, 2023 at 13:32.

Firstly, let me say I'm sorry if I came off as acidic at all. That was not my intent. I know I am frequently poor at phrasing myself the way I intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by hackRPG View Post
    My query was about gating players who want to play certain classes (and can do so freely IRL or other VTT) behind requiring the GM to own that book on FG
    That said, this is definitely the part that confuses me, at least to the extent of "what do you want available?"

To use Dark Archive as an example, the Thaumaturge and all its feats is a huge part of the content of that book, and a significant amount of the work that would have gone into coding/converting that book would have been focused there. It doesn't seem reasonable for that huge chunk of the content of the book to be provided for free.

On the flip side of that coin, I am not sure what you mean by "gating", in that there are no mechanics or features of Fantasy Grounds that are "unlocked" by owning Dark Archive. A player can absolute play a fully featured thaumaturge without anyone owning Dark Archive, requiring only copy+pasting some text from Archives of Nethys, manually adjusting some proficiencies, and creating a couple actions/effects. In fact that was how I ran a Gunslinger on Fantasy Grounds during the playtest, before it was available "officially". Pretty much the only thing you miss out on is the convenience of having everything quick to reference in Fantasy Grounds (and the automation, of course) - but referencing things on Archive of Nethys isn't much slower, especially during character creation.

So - again, I apologize if I came off as aggressive. I am coming from a place of being genuinely confused by what you are looking for.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; August 17th, 2023 at 00:34.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

[Replying to hackRPG post #22]
    Last edited by Farnaby; August 17th, 2023 at 05:27.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Blog Entries
    There are some resources on the FG Forge that include additional OGL material for Pathfinder 2.0.

It is not a complete list.

These are the two users who seem to be creating that sort of content for free - ShadeRaven and Dargos.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/cra...9/view-profile
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/cra...8/view-profile

I've been thinking about all of this (deep thought), along with the challenges of the upcoming remaster project.

In addition to the OGL material mentioned above and, of course, the possibility of more community based OGL/ORC material; we're planning to release remaster rulebooks on FG in the form of data only modules under the Open RPG Creative (ORC) License, this will give you the remaster data records you need to play remaster games, but without the full rules (there'll be no reference manual in the ORC version) or graphics/portraits/tokens. There will also be full product releases under the current license - including the PDF discount/free PDF - we hope to provide an upgrade discount if you own the equivalent legacy product, but we're waiting to hear from Paizo if they're going to allow us to do that.

We're not, at this time, planning on doing OGL releases of the legacy products.

The ORC data modules will be for rulebooks only; we may provide limited ORC releases for other PF2 remaster products in future, but that will be on a case-by-case basis.

We hope this will make it easier for people to migrate to the PF2 remaster rules within FG and will also provide an expanding library of ORC data over time that will help to address some of the issues discussed in this thread.

For more information on the plans for Pathfinder remaster on Fantasy Grounds, please refer to this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...master-project
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 1st, 2023 at 13:26.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is such amazing news and a direction that will not only bring more people to FG but perhaps provide an easier path into the standard license. I will likely continue to pick up the full license as I really like and appreciate having the full rules as a reference. But Having the choice to have the full content for some sources, or the rules only content for others, but still allow players to roll characters will be amazing. I may not want to rebuy Dark archive to let a character play a Thaumaturge for example)

Thank you for finding a direction on this. I think it will be really appreciated by the community and understand this can only really be a model going forward.

I would also like to find a way to help build and contribute to the effort. Perhaps you can point me to some sources on how to get started.

To clarify, Trenloe, does this plan specifically apply to the four "Core" remaster books, or to all remaster rulebooks going forward?

My assumption is the Core books, but I wanted to ask for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    To clarify, Trenloe, does this plan specifically apply to the four "Core" remaster books, or to all remaster rulebooks going forward?

My assumption is the Core books, but I wanted to ask for clarity.
    I envisage this being for the PF2 rulebooks Paizo releases under the ORC - that is, the books that are released in the Pathfinder -> Rulebooks -> Second Edition Rulebooks section of the Paizo store, which currently covers the four core remaster books you mention: https://paizo.com/store/pathfinder/rulebooks/core

Thread Information