FG Spreadshirt Swag

Need help cleaning up my game

I got Unity when it was released for my home game, never played with classic. I fully admit that I have not keep up with the community. I have several modules and extensions installed. As a result I have between 2-4 copy's of every spell. I don't know which are working together and which is working against. Is it possible, or has it been done to have mod packs like modded gaming? Where the author lists a set of modules and extensions that are known to work together well.

All modules will work together since they are just data. You can close any that you don't need for your campaign. As for extensions there's no list of what does and doesn't conflict; but again don't load extensions you don't need. Keep the number of extensions lean.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    There are not compatibility lists, too many extensions and things are changing too rapidly for anyone to spend the hours to keep such up.

Modules are not a problem and are forward compatible. Just unload modules that are no longer needed. You can load them again if needed.

Extensions are not. Disable all your extensions. Open your campaign and see what works. If you can, don't use extensions. Lots of capabilities have been added to core FGU that you might not need ones you had.

Then go get updates for all your extensions you still want to use/add. If they have not been updated in the last month, then see if they have been moved to the Forge and check if they have threads and if they are still supported. If not, then dump them.

After all your required extensions are updated, enable them and open your campaign. You will have to test to see if anything doesn't work, and then post on the extensions forum thread the details. Please include what extensions are clashing and exactly what the errors are. Personally, I only use extensions that are stable and well supported, and that are really required.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there at least a "core" set of models and or extensions that are considered essential to run a Paizo adventure path? For example I have 3 different rule-set modules. The 3.5E Basic rules, PFRPG Basic Rules, and The Pathfinder Core rules. I can not tell the difference between them except that the last is the official and has tokens. That being said which is supported the best? I know that the official Paizo AP's are NOT optimized for fantasy ground at all. After purchasing an AP I, like everyone else, spend hours adding LOS, Lighting, and FX to maps. So I don't know if official equals better. As for extensions I don't use many. Manly Kelrugem's overlay. Anyway any help is appropriated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortex9 View Post
    Is there at least a "core" set of models and or extensions that are considered essential to run a Paizo adventure path? For example I have 3 different rule-set modules. The 3.5E Basic rules, PFRPG Basic Rules, and The Pathfinder Core rules. I can not tell the difference between them except that the last is the official and has tokens. That being said which is supported the best? I know that the official Paizo AP's are NOT optimized for fantasy ground at all. After purchasing an AP I, like everyone else, spend hours adding LOS, Lighting, and FX to maps. So I don't know if official equals better. As for extensions I don't use many. Manly Kelrugem's overlay. Anyway any help is appropriated.
    If you have bought the Pathfinder Core Rules just load those and NONE of the SRD modules you list.

Blog Entries
    As damned said, just load the PF Core Rules. The others are subsets of it. No extensions are needed at all. The PF ruleset itself does everything needed. When FGU first came out, lot of modules did not have LOS added to them. But there was a big community project of volunteers to add LOS to most of the adventure modules. You can now look in the FG Store and see if the item has a LOS icon on it. If so, then LOS has been added to the player facing maps.

It looks like this on the FG Store search results;
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 214156.png
    And this on the product page;
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 214346.png

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Moved to the Pathfinder 1e sub-forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information