DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is the Mgt2e ruleset still maintained, added to?

Hi,

My Mgt2e game is about to go virtual.

I bought the Mgt2e ruleset some time ago to check out (I already had FGU), and my impression of it was not great.

Coming from Pathfinder 2e, where Trenloe has done a fantastic job updating and iterating on the functionality, by comparison the Mgt2e ruleset felt significantly less baked. And since checking it out all that time ago, it doesn't appear to have had any updates.

I'm wondering what is officially the status of it? Considering I would have to purchase all the material again for FG - which insanely costs more than the hard copy Mongoose products (PF2E on FG does much better in terms of cost) - I'm hesitant to take the plunge with FG, and thinking that maybe FoundryVTT might be a better choice for my Traveller needs?

Cheers.

All of the standard CoreRPG updates are continuing to be applied to the ruleset; and we will fix any bugs in the existing code. However, the original DLC developer has not been available for some time; so it's in maintenance mode until another community/DLC developer steps up to add anything it might need.

I do know that there were several additional books added, as well as the starship combat system, since the initial release.

Regards,
    JPG

If it helps any I run my Traveller campaign in the MgT2 ruleset here on Fantasy Grounds and I've not come across anything missing that I would use. I'd love a Ship's Locker function, but that's really it.
    Just once I would like someone to call me "Sir," without adding "you're making a scene."

Oh no. Are you saying this rule set is dead for now in terms of updates. I believe there were a few products under development and awaiting testing. are any of those going to come out or are we completely done until a new developer comes along?

The ruleset is not dead. Any products that are submitted will be released when they are done with the QA process. It will receive updates when any foundation updates need to be made to work with new CoreRPG features. Maintenance mode is meaning there is no longer a dedicated developer that will expand the ruleset as they see fit. Bug fixes and daily maintenance will continue to ensure Traveller is fully functional with the current features. Expansions to the rulesets will be slow and may come with long periods of non-movement with expansion. There are quite a few rulesets that are in this category, Starfinder, WOIN, Basic Roleplaying, and Mutants and Masterminds to name the ones off the top of my head. Those systems have seen updates and are constantly monitored.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

There were a few supplements that were critical (in my opinion of course) and under development is there a way to tell us which ones are left in the pipeline to be released or are they all released and now it will be random if a new ones is released. There are definitely bugs with this ruleset. Nothing thats a deal killer.

We have 7 products marked as In Development for MGT2; however, all that means is that a community developer has signed up to do the project.

One of the reasons why we don't provide any specific information on products in the pipeline is that we never know when (or if) a product will be delivered for release. It is not uncommon for community developers to show interest, then get pulled away due to real-life duties and situations. So, we only announce talk about products when we actually have at least the initial submissions of the DLC materials.

Regards,
    JPG

That's fair. I guess i need to learn how to code so i can develop products. haha

Module creation doesn't require any coding knowledge. It tends to be mostly data entry and setting up maps. So knowledge of Fantasy Grounds usage is what you would need to create modules.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hi All,

Been busy with other work and FG (RuneQuest) but I'm back on this very soon. Will get all bugs fixed as a priority.

There are more module conversions happening.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information