Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Good Day lamorric
    Thanks for keeping this going and putting it on the Forge will help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day lamorric
    Thanks for keeping this going and putting it on the Forge will help immensely.
    You are most welcome.

I'm actually surprised with how many have "subscribed" to it on the Forge.

Now to go see if anyone is still interested in the ShadowRun 3ed extension being kept up to date.
    "I've worked in the private sector ... they expect results!" - Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz in Ghostbusters (1984)

Extensions I've Shared
    3rd Ed. Shadowrun | 6th Ed. Champions

Ok, I'm triggering a Custom skill roll for an Intelligence based skill. The characters INT is 13. it keeps coming back saying the target number is 11, instead of 12. It won't change the target number to 12 until I raise INT to 15, so it doesn't look like its rounding correctly.

I'm goign to research how to provide the db.xml file, but in the meantime, I have attached a screenshot of the skill formula, and the roll result. It's correctly drawing the INT of the character (13), but determines the target number to be 11, not 12.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9+(Subject characteristic/5) = Target number. Rounds to players favor, so an INT, or any other characteristic of 13 divided by 5, yields a value of 2.6, is rounded up to 3, should yield a target number of 12.

Blog Entries
    Well the math is definitely rounding down:
    rRoll.nCharMod = math.floor(rRoll.nCharacteristic/5);

Before I change it I need to know as close to unequivocally as possible that we are making the correct change and not home brewing it...
    Can you perhaps post a screenshot of the rules in question.

Also does this vary between versions of Champions?

pg 10, champions Complete, which uses the most recent 6th edition of Champions. However, this convention has always been applied since the very first edition of Champions. Shot form rulebook attached.

"ROUND-OFFS AND MINIMUM COST
    Whenever something in the rules requires multiplication or division, handle round-offs as follows: results ending in .1 to .4 round down to the next whole number, results ending in .6 to .9 round up to the next whole number, and results ending in .5 round up or down, whichever is to the advantage of the Player Character.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    This is why the source rules are best to work from as even your earlier description is different

Ill push something over the weekend.

Thread Information