5E Character Create Playlist

Ghostbusters - fate core - looking for players

If you don't know, fate core is a generic rp system where you can make any character in any genre. This is because the stat blocks are up to interpretation and you don't need to pick race or class. Instead, you describe aspects of your character to be true and then those are used to determine the type of roll if any. There will be a list of set skills though and certain campaign specific rules (called extra) will set in stone certain important restrictions.

It is also a cool system because it recommends world building as a group. So this game will be two parts, this forum to suggest locations, faces, and other campaign ideas and then the voice game we play over discord. I am planning to do the game Friday evenings est for at least 4 hours. I will write a basic framework to follow, the player submissions will be used as much as I can work out within that framework.

Ideas to get us started:
    Magic and Psionics are real but weak and grossly inferior to science. They are more natural though and have a few things science hasn't worked out yet.

We will use pseudoscience as a kind of magic system where you pull out random experimental gadgets to deal with the task at hand. You will have to roll per use though (at lesser difficulty) to prevent it from breaking.

Class of paranormal entities: (to be fleshed out with rules so you can play detective)
    Deity
    Free Roaming Vapor
    Manipulator
    Possessor
    Ghost Touched
    Witch(Half Deity)
    Psychic(Maybe just rename Ghost Touched this)
    Extraplanar
    Plane Touched(Things like werewolves)

Face:
    Gayri Dubois - Local Dilettante, Possible Funding for Local DB HQ

Place:
    HQ - Former strip club repurposed into a local GBHQ. Has a highly electrified pole used to various sensory equipment and other experiments.
    Last edited by aldnod; June 1st, 2023 at 19:21.

Thread Information