DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there anyone interested in playing Worlds Without Number by Sine Nomine Publishing

I've found Stars Without Number and saw that I just missed a Cities Without Number Kickstarter. Stars Without Number provides amazing tables and rules for the whole party to develop the star systems that they will explore. Worlds Without Number is Fantasy based and includes the same features of the group designing the history and politics of the world that they will play in. Cities Without Number will do the same in a Cyberpunk setting. Sine Nomine Publishing, aka Kevin Crawford is a one man army designing some amazing systems which is based on OSR. His Scarlet Heroes book takes place in an oriental setting and includes rules for solo play without a GM.

I was curious how much interest are in these systems. I appreciate the Mork Borg style too, but this system is a bit crunchier and has less of that punk, death metal flair.

Would be wonderful to see these games available on FGU in the future.

Jack
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

I found this thread. It's been a few years, but you can check to see whether it is still working with MoreCore.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Without-Number

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I found this thread. It's been a few years, but you can check to see whether it is still working with MoreCore.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Without-Number

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks as always Moon Wizard!
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

I realize this is some months old, but, assuming everything comes together, I am about to start a WWN campaign on FG. I am new to FG, but research suggests that modding MoreCore is the way to go.

I'm also not averse to developing stuff, I just need to get my feet under me.

Plus, my group is likely going to be made up software engineers, code monkeys, and hackers of various stripes, so we'll see what we can cook up.
    Last edited by mattcaron; January 5th, 2024 at 01:03.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcaron View Post
    I realize this is some months old, but, assuming everything comes together, I am about to start a WWN campaign on FG. I am new to FG, but research suggests that modding MoreCore is the way to go.

I'm also not averse to developing stuff, I just need to get my feet under me.

Plus, my group is likely going to be made up software engineers, code monkeys, and hackers of various stripes, so we'll see what we can cook up.
    Checkout Ruleset Wizard; Ruleset Wizard – The ruleset development environment for Fantasy Grounds

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If I were going to run WWN without building something from scratch, I would use XCore instead of MoreCore. MoreCore is great and there are things that it can do that XCore can't. However, I don't think there's anything in WWN that would require using MC. XCore was written using all the stuff learned from developing MoreCore and is much cleaner in appearance. Many people find it less daunting to use as well.

Forum thread for XCore.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Neat! Too bad I haven't run Windows since NT4.

Maybe they'll come out with a Linux version.

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    If I were going to run WWN without building something from scratch, I would use XCore instead of MoreCore. MoreCore is great and there are things that it can do that XCore can't. However, I don't think there's anything in WWN that would require using MC. XCore was written using all the stuff learned from developing MoreCore and is much cleaner in appearance. Many people find it less daunting to use as well.

Forum thread for XCore.
    Ooh, that's one I missed. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I pinged Kevin Crawford a little while ago. He is very generous with text and does not think mechanics are protected but was not interested in “official” conversions at that time because he plans on providing high quality rpg for a long time and is concerned that if the developer falls away then people would come to him for support he cannot give. Considering his A+++ reputation for delivery, that I fully understand.

Thread Information