STAR TREK 2d20

Effect for Magic Weapon spell

Hi,

During the PF2e Beginner Box adventure, my players are making great use of the cleric's Magic Weapon spell. Casting the Magic Weapon spell with a party member as target results in "Effects: Magic Weapon; ATK 1 item; DMG: twodice; [D: 10]".

However, the spells modifiers don't show up in the attack or damage rolls.

I believe the target is supposed to be a single weapon.

How can I get the spell to apply to a weapon? If it isn't supposed to target a weapon, but is instead correctly targeting the player, what must I do to get the correct attack and damage modifiers to automatically apply?

Thank you.

I've moved this thread to the Pathfinder 2 forum as it's specific to that ruleset.

The effect should be Magic Weapon; ATK: 1 item; DMG: twodice - note the colon after ATK - if your effect doesn't have the colon then that will be why it isn't applying to an attack roll. If the colon is there, then it should be applying a +1 effect to an attack roll of the character that the effect is applied to - you'll see [EFFECTS +1] in the attack entry in chat.

The DMG: twodice is purely for reference - you'll need to manually adjust the weapon damage (or right-click once while dragging the damage dice to add one base dice to the weapon).

Effects with a duration can only be applied to an actor in the combat tracker. You can apply permanent attack and damage effects to a weapon in the actions tab, but they don't have a duration. For effects like this, it's assumed that they are temporarily disabled if you're going to make a roll that they don't apply to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information