5E Character Create Playlist

Changes to CombatManager Causing Errors

Hello,

I was just testing Cyberpunk RED in TEST to see if there's any changes I need to make for the new release. It looks like a nunber of things in the CombatManager script are going away causing errors.

CombatManager.setCustomDrop was removed (without any warning of upcoming deprecation) and it causes an error on load. That's not a big issue, but we need to remove that call.

What is an issue is, now it looks like things are moved to CombatManager.handleAnyDrop and the onDrop calls we have are throwing deprecated errors to the chat to fix. But, this also seems to break some special handling we have in place for attacks using CombatDropManager.setDragTypeDropCallback.

Is that currently still supported with the handleAnyDrop? We will need some time to settle everything in order to make sure this doesn't break the combat script on launch. Can we get an ETA on what the launch day will be for all these changes? I will need more time to get everything fixed.

Thanks!

For now, I'll re-instate CombatManager.setCustomDrop with a console warning; and demote the warning on CombatManager.onDrop to a console warning. They'll be moved to chat warnings with the next cycle of releases in the fall. I'll be pushing an update with those changes later this weekend, or on Tuesday, depending on when some other things I'm working on finishing.

CombatDropManager.setLinkDropCallback and CombatDropManager.setDragTypeDropCallback are still in place, and part of the active combat drop handling subsystem.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For now, I'll re-instate CombatManager.setCustomDrop with a console warning; and demote the warning on CombatManager.onDrop to a console warning. They'll be moved to chat warnings with the next cycle of releases in the fall. I'll be pushing an update with those changes later this weekend, or on Tuesday, depending on when some other things I'm working on finishing.

CombatDropManager.setLinkDropCallback and CombatDropManager.setDragTypeDropCallback are still in place, and part of the active combat drop handling subsystem.

Regards,
    JPG
    That’ll be great. Thanks Moon Wizard!

I’ll check later once that update is pushed to see why my handlers stopped working right, and then try to remove the deprecated functions.

Thanks again Moon, looks like this is an easy fix for us in CPRed. I'll make sure an update is spooled up for tomorrow!

The changes we talked about are now in Test channel; even if you don't need them anymore.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information