DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yes, the sound volumes always reset to the base values. 100 for main sounds, and 60 for one shots. The one shots on Syrinscape are much louder than the elements.

There's no way for FG to currently read the volume from Syrinscape to know what it currently is; so we set it to the starting values each time.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's no way for FG to currently read the volume from Syrinscape to know what it currently is; so we set it to the starting values each time.
    EDITED: sorry, I've not actually played with the beta yet, looks like this is a design choice to have the volumes set in FGU when you trigger them, rather than leaving it to whatever is set in the web player. Probably disregard my comment below, and mods feel free to delete this post.

Is it necessary for FGU to set it at all? Couldn't you just leave it at whatever value it might be in Syrinscape? I've a vague feeling that's the way it works in Mattekurre's extension and I don't see a particular problem with that? I guess the sounds might be turned right down from a previous session and you might not realise and have to go into Syrinscape directly sometimes. But I'd have thought the use-case of having to go into the Syrinscape control panel at the start of every session to reset to one's preferred settings is probably at least as much of a PITA for the GM to do?

Cheers, Hywel
    Last edited by HywelPhillips; June 1st, 2023 at 12:47.

True, but...

Then the volume controls would need to be removed; since the setting the volume higher/lower requires knowing what the volume is in the first place. (The Syrinscape URL requires a number to be sent to set volume; which means we have no way to change the volume unless we know the volume. By settings the volume on start up, we know the volume set by FG at least.)

A couple things I might look at:
    * Try to find the Syrinscape API notes, and see if there is a way to pull the volume by URL. (EDIT: Reviewed API; and no option for this.)
    * Possibly look into saving the volume value between sessions, so it at least will match previous settings. (assuming you don't change outside FG.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; June 1st, 2023 at 17:27.

For me keeping the value in FGU between sessions would make the most sense. That way at least this week's setup starts from what the settings were last week.

Cheers, Hywel

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    For me keeping the value in FGU between sessions would make the most sense. That way at least this week's setup starts from what the settings were last week.
    I agree. This would be a nice feature.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One feedback about the Data Management of sounds, in File or VLC section: could it be possible to erase only one entry? It seems that it is possible to clear all but not to clear only some entries. It would be very helpful. Thanks to consider that possibility.
    Another thing: is there a way to change the main "sounds" folder for another hard drive? I have a lot of sounds but my ssd will be full if I use all of them. By the way is it a problem for FGU to have a lot of sound entries in the sound settings (memory and lag wise) and if there is a limit what is it?

We'll have to look into how best to manage the File list management. Currently, you can only Clear or Import, so you would need to keep a separate list of files.

It is by design that FG only allows "file://" URLs to only work within the FG data folder. This prevents extensions and mods from potentially being able to run arbitrary commands on your machine that are not within the FG data folder If you really want to link in a separate folder, you could look into symbolic-linking of folders on your machine to the FG data folder space. (i.e. mklink in Windows; or ln command in Linux/Mac)

Regards,
    JPG

A suggestion about the "File" section: is it possible to add a "Folder" search section in addition to the "Name" search?

Thanks for the feedback. Moon is currently not available to look it over, but I will pass this along to him to see if it's something we will pursue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information