DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tales of the Valiant

Hello, with the Kickstarter starting up today and a question was asked. The question, Will Tales of the Valiant be able to use previous 5E content? Of course the other 5E Kobold Press material. Kobold Press responded and said its up to the VTT's to decide that.

Will Tales of the Valiant be a add on for 5E or will it use a whole other ruleset that is not compatible with 5E material?

It will depend on the licensing I would imagine, plus with the new ORC license they may want to make sure that there isn't any confusion for the user/gm and they have to explicitly use the Universal loader.

Has there been any update on this? I'm looking at buying the Midgard Bundle, but I'm not going to buy it, if it's not going to be compatible with ToV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SundanceKid007 View Post
    Has there been any update on this? I'm looking at buying the Midgard Bundle, but I'm not going to buy it, if it's not going to be compatible with ToV
    Not sure anyone here knows yet. I would suggest you r reach out to ToV Kickstarter/IP holder and see if you can get a response from them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I sent a ticket through Kobold Press website. Will inform everyone as soon as they respond

Just got a response from Kobold Press. Here you go:

Thanks for reaching out! Our intention is to ensure that 5E and Tales of the Valiant are compatible and that both systems can be integrated at the same pen-and-paper table seamlessly. Integrating compatibility through VTTs is a bit trickier, but we’re building our VTT ruleset with the intention of making our existing content compatible.

For Fantasy Grounds, which is a platform that can allow users to pull material from separate rulesets, my understanding is that most adventures and compendiums already available should work with the Tales of the Valiant once we release the FG ruleset. Some things, like player options, subclasses etc. may be more difficult to incorporate at the outset, though we’ll continue to work to make that possible. In the case of the Midgard Worldbook, for example, there should be no difficulty making it compatible.

I hope that helps in making a decision. Effectively, some things will be compatible right out of the box, and some things will require a little more tweaking from us to ensure they work together.

Very nice news.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

That's great news. They're already on it. KP already has a huge presence on fantasy grounds, so its nice to see they're continuing full steam.

Thread Information