FG Spreadshirt Swag

Why does Thieves' Cant grant a language proficiency?

While making a rogue character, I noticed that the class trait Thieves' Cant gives you an extra language proficiency. While Thieves' Cant counts as a language proficiency, it's not supposed to make you proficient in one of the other languages. Thieves' Cant is supposed to be its own language.

Your DM will need to add Thieves' Cant to the campaign languages list and it will then be selectable. Previously it wasn't adding anything at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure that Thieve's Cant is not listed in the languages section of the PHB, only in the related rogue trait, hence why it's not listed in the default languages. But as Mr. Z says, Just have your DM add it to the languages list or just add it to your sheet manually (though it won't then be accessible to others).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I added Aarakocra, Druidic, and Thieves' Cant as part of the standard list of languages some time ago when I did the Character Wizard foundation upgrade. If they are not appearing, deleting all of the languages in the campaign should reload the default list.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I wasn't asking why Thieves' Cant isn't in the default language list, I was asking why it gives you proficiency in one of the other languages. I checked and the druid class trait Druidic is the same way.

You are supposed to select Thieves’ Cant. It should perhaps just give you that, but as I said it wasn’t even an option before. So, meantime pick Thieves’ Cant from the list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by tslewis View Post
    I wasn't asking why Thieves' Cant isn't in the default language list, I was asking why it gives you proficiency in one of the other languages. I checked and the druid class trait Druidic is the same way.
    When the foundation was upgraded, the feature received more capabilities for the homebrew crowd. In some homebrew campaigns, that may not be an acceptable language or part of their universe. It selects the language if it's part of the trait or feature, but does give you an option to choose something else.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I got Thieves' Cant and Druidic to appear on the language list by deleting all of the languages and using the /reload command.

Thread Information