DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can't name a new power group. 5E Character Sheet

Help. Trying to create separate power groups for different level spells on the 5e character sheet. Today leveled up a cleric. Previously I had the different level spells in different power groups. They were named Spells Level 1, Spells Level 2, etc. After the level up, they disappeared. No problem re-make the groups. I follow the steps in the on-line guide, but it doesn't rename the group. Hmmm, what gives?

As per the guide

"Powers
    The final group which can appear on the Actions tab is powers. These are generally everything which is not a weapon or a spell; it could include Traits or features from the character's race or class, feats, magic items and a great deal more. Powers can also be set up to keep track of such items as a Monk's Ki points, a Sorcerer's sorcery points or a fighter's Superiority dice.

To set up a new power group click on the star icon at the bottom of the character sheet.

This will create a new group with two blank boxes; in the left hand box type in a name for the power. In the right hand box type in a name for the Power Group. When you tab out of the right hand box the name you added here will appear as the power group header."

Blog Entries
    Any extensions? Can you show screen shots? Can you export the character and post?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Here you go. Flee Mortals is the only "aftermarket" extension I'm using, I think. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Open up the spell group using the magnifying glass at the end of the row and then click on the sword icon next to Group Type so that it shows a book. This will return your spell groups. (this must have been inadvertently changed at some point).

I was able to add a name to a power group after I did that and cycled trough the modes and displays. I don't know why that wasn't working but cycling through the groups etc made it work again (and coming out of edit mode).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 22nd, 2023 at 14:26.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Lord Entrails and Zacchaeus, you always respond so quickly. I will try it out when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Poe View Post
    Thank you Lord Entrails and Zacchaeus, you always respond so quickly. I will try it out when I get home.
    Spells usually create their own power groups by default per level. Drag spells to the spot that says slots and they usually create their own spell level slots, however you can manually drag spells to custom groups, once the group is created, like a place holder. Make sure you drag actions and spells into the placeholder so that they end up in the proper group if you are doing something custom, otherwise your custom placement will fail and just go where it wants to go, usually to a default spell level slot in the case of spells, or it might try to create it's own new group called "powers" by default. You can rename these powers default group if you toggle the viewing mode on the bottom left to, standard, and groups mode.
    1.) Standard mode is generally used for leveling and updating the actions tab.
    2.) Preparation Mode is usually for updating memorized spells, or adding usage bubbles for tracking usages for ability powers or even magic item charges, etc.
    3.) Combat Mode is useful for gameplay and testing powers.
    Last edited by Laerun; May 23rd, 2023 at 01:17. Reason: Updated.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thanks Zacchaeus your steps worked! Thank you Laerun for noting those distinctions.

Thread Information