5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

General effect (but not result) showing to clients.

Hey - this was something I talked about on the discord for a bit, but wanted to put it somewhere that was a bit more trackable and see if anyone had thoughts.

My use case is this: The creature the group was fighting was a troll, and at the beginning of the troll's turn, the entire group saw [Heal] -> [to Troll] because of the troll's REGEN: 10.

I was just wondering if there is a way to hide this sort of logging to the players, or plans to implement something to hide it.

If the REGEN effect that triggers the heal is set to GM only, then IMO this is a bug. Maybe bring up in the laboratory

I agree that this doesn't look like expected behaviour. I tested with and without Show DM rolls and the HEAL bit always showed to clients. The amount of healing was disabled with Show results to clients off.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That's because it's not a roll, it's a result of heal/damage being applied.

This is working as expected, as far as I am aware. I tried with the "Chat: Show results to client" option set to "On", "Off" and "Friendly". See the attached image for 5E. I also tried in PFRPG.

Can you provide more info on which ruleset, and what option you are using for "Chat: Show results to client"?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am using the 5E ruleset and have "Show results to client" set to "Off"

On my side, I see exactly what you do - but a player will see this: client_heal.png

OK, let me look again with a player client open. I was going based on the hidden flag on the messages.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, it looks like the difference is in how much information is shown for the option.
    * If show results is on, then how much damage/healing and any health status changes are shown.
    * If show results is off, then only the fact that damage/healing occurred is shown.

If I'm remembering, that's to provide feedback that something happened between combatants, but not any details.

Thinking about it now, I'm hesitant to blanket turn off any output, as that's the way it has worked for years. However, perhaps I can look into disabling any output unless either the source or target of the action is friendly as an alternative. Let me think how I can do that.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm not sure if just the heal message showing (without any amount) is really an issue. I describe to my players when a creatures wounds appear to heal up before their eyes (or at least the perceptive ones), since a player watching that nice massive greatsword strike closing up before them tends to freak them out more then "the fight just took a lot longer then we thought."

This issue has been fixed in the upcoming release.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information