DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Using ChatGPT to create NPCs in FG

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get ChatGPT to auto generate NPC stat blocks in a format that simply copy/pastes into the NPC Importer in FG. This would enable me to make bespoke, custom NPCs for my home campaign in seconds and be an extremely valuable tool.

It's easy to get ChatGPT to generate a stat block. 20 seconds and one query created this for me:

Code:
    Zalora
    Medium humanoid (human), chaotic evil
    Armor Class 15
    Hit Points 75 (10d8 + 30)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR 12 (+1) DEX 16 (+3) CON 14 (+2) INT 18 (+4) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 16 (+3)
    Saving Throws Int +7, Wis +4
    Skills Arcana +7, Deception +6, Insight +4, Religion +7
    Senses passive Perception 11
    Languages Common, Abyssal, Infernal
    Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)

Spellcasting. Zalora is a 9th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). He has the following wizard spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): chill touch, mage hand, minor illusion, prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): charm person, detect magic, mage armor, shield
    2nd level (3 slots): hold person, misty step, ray of enfeeblement
    3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, fireball, vampiric touch
    4th level (3 slots): blight, dimension door
    5th level (1 slot): dominate person

Vesh's Chosen. Zalora has a special bond with Vesh, the Bloody Siren. He can use a bonus action to communicate telepathically with Vesh or any of her cultists within 120 feet. He also has advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened.

Actions

Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: (1d4 +3) piercing damage plus (2d6) necrotic damage.

Blood Drain (Recharge after a Short or Long Rest). Melee Spell Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: The target is grappled (escape DC 15). While grappled in this way, the target takes (4d8) necrotic damage at the start of each of its turns and Zalora regains hit points equal to half the damage dealt. The grapple ends if Zalora uses this action again or if the target dies.

Traits

- Spellcasting: Zalora can cast spells using Intelligence as his spellcasting ability.
    - Vesh's Chosen: Zalora can communicate telepathically with Vesh or any of her cultists within 120 feet and has advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened.
    But that code does not create a proper NPC. The parsing is out, specifically on the attributes to start with.

Has anyone done this, and if so what guidance or command do you need to steer ChatGPT to create an accurate and readable stat block for FG?

Thanks!
    Blakey

Blog Entries
    I haven’t tried it specifically, but you can often ask it to regenerate it in this format: (provide your own format)

I found that it mostly struggles with stat blocks. They look good at first glance but then have stats for other games, stats that don’t add up, or skills that don’t actually exist. It is pretty good at descriptions and the stat blocks it creates are a helpful starting point.

Thread Information