STAR TREK 2d20

I can't share my maps with my players.

I can't share my maps with my players. I tried watching YouTube videos but it didn't help. could someone help

To share maps with players, right click on the window and select Share. This will open a window on the image window on the player client, and the player client will request any map/token assets that are part of the image. (Make sure image is not sent to background when attempting to Share.)

If that doesn't solve your issue, can you provide more detail on how you are trying to share?
    Also, you can open a second instance of FG on your GM machine, connect to your own session, and see what a player would see. In case you want to test anything out.

Regards,
    JPG

when I share the image it opens on their end as a blank image without the map. just a gray grid

Blog Entries
    That's because you either have LOS or lightning enabled and the player don't own any tokens on the map or don't have darkvision or a light source.

On the image control panel, disable LOS and lightning and then the players will see the whole image. If you just want them to see based on lightning or LOS, then enable one or both of those and make sure they own tokens on the map that are placed via the Combat Tracker, and that those tokens have lights/vision or the maps have lights on them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

they have dark vision 60 but their map is all grey and and nothing pops up when they move their token. they only see their token and a grey screen. I also have lighting and LOS turned off.
    Last edited by LordDeath; May 15th, 2023 at 06:32.

Have they tried clicking their token?

Its also possible the map has a mask on it.

You can zip up your campaign folder and post it here (using Go Advanced button to attach files). Then, just tell us which map you are looking at and which player/character can't see.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The best thing is to attach the campaign here.
    But, if you are not up for that;
    Did the PC tokens get added to the map from the Combat Tracker?
    What ruleset are you using?
    What extensions are you using?
    Is darkvision spelled correctly? including capitalization and spaces? Where on the character sheet is it indicated?
    If you turn off lighting on the map, can they see?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also make sure that you don't have the map layer set to invisible or visible only to the DM in the right hand panel when you unlock the map.

Even a screenshot of the map showing the right hand panel would help us to determine the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information