DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token: Show Name = Title, No tooltips

Hi,

Trenloe told me that when set to Title mode, the tooltip should still be appearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is standard FG functionality and not specific to the PF2 ruleset. Tooltip should work all the time
    That is not working for me. I can get them if I set Token: Show Name = Tooltip, but if it is set to = Title I no longer get tooltips.

This is true for both the Host and the Client.

erratic PC tooltip.png
    Last edited by webdove; May 14th, 2023 at 17:39.

If you set Show Name to title then there's no need for a tool tip for the name. Setting the show name to tool tips means that the name only shows in a tool tip when you mouse over the token. So I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting. You'll still get tool tips for any effect icons that are on the token.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I use to be able to get both. I like the tooltip because it does not get clipped at 13 characters. I like long names because they help me remember. I like seeing the titles because they are all there at once.

Hmm. I always have show names on so I can't swear to it; but I'm reasonably sure that you either had one or the other. Setting show name removes the tool tip. Even show title on hover only shows the title and not the full name.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Appears to be working for me. (See image.)

The title vs. tooltips was always an either/or feature.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Appears to be working for me. (See image.)

The title vs. tooltips was always an either/or feature.

Regards,
    JPG
    The brownish color suggests that inmage is showing a tooltip. Are you saying you are getting a tooltip when you hover and a title when you don’t?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    The brownish color suggests that inmage is showing a tooltip. Are you saying you are getting a tooltip when you hover and a title when you don’t?
    NO, it's either/or as Moon Wizard says/ You either set the Show name to title, title hover, or tooltip. If show name is set to Title it means the name shows at the top of the token, and this disables tooltips. Show name as tooltip shows the name as a tooltip when hovering over the toten. Show title as tooltip shows the title on top of the token when you hover over the token. So the only one which shows the full name (which I think is what you want) is to set it to show name as tooltip.

Thread Information