DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Spellcasting will in fact handle saving throws and spell attacks provided that you add the spellcasting as a trait (rather than as an action). From the wiki page here you can create a spellcasting trait and override the automatic calculation of spell attack and save DC by inserting the following (+x to hit with spell attacks, Spell save DC x). If you create the spellcasting as an action then include only spells with a save DC and include the words (Spell save DC x). Any attack spells should be included as separate actions.

This only works properly if the spells are included in a spellcasting or innate spellcasting trait since that is evaluated when the NPC is put onto the CT. If the override isn't present then FGU will calculate the correct spell save DC and attack based on the NPCs level and spellcasting ability bonus. You only need the over ride if the caster has any kind of bonus to their attack and spell save DCs (like a magic staff or some such).

If you drag spells in then any spellcasting trait will be ignored. The spells that you drag in will have the correct Spell attack and save DCs based on the NPCs level and ability bonus. If you want a different save or attack then you'll have to manually change the wording in the actual spell text.

Warlocks are tricky of course because they always cast at maximum level. The easiest way to handle this is to have a spellcasting or innate spellcasting trait as normal, but when applying damage do so via drag and drop (click and hold on the damage; right click to add more dice and then drop on the target).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zach,

Thanks for the reply. The main problem was that the equipped effects extension I mentioned earlier was double-copying the spell into the NPC sheet and that copy was uneditable. The CT was using the uneditable section and so no matter what I was changing in the spell it was moot in regards to the CT. Once I figured that out, I started having brain farts which snowballed. I had seen your video on the subject of NPC sheets and magic at one time (all your videos, actually) and did have somewhat of an understanding that just got lost to me for a bit. I posted an image of how that extension was adding a second version of the spell text, and like I stated, that started all the confusion.

For the max damage, I just went in and changed the spell text damage. I also deleted all the text about if at such-and-such a level it increases to whatever amount because, as an NPC, it never increases in level. Thus why it was so important that the CT recognize my edited text and not the doubled spell text previously stated which started this whole thing off. In fact, I'll add that image again. You can see the editible portion of the spell with the edited damage and then you can see the uneditible section below with the original damage which the CT would pick up on. THIS was the main problem and everything after that were brain farts.

witch.jpg

Thanks!

Thread Information