DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Two Questions for AD&D 2E Ruleset - Thanks in Advance

I know 2e doesn't get the love of 5e so hopefully someone will see this post before too long and be kind to answer my questions.
    I'm at the stage of my relearning of 2e where I got the rules down and understood for the most part for if I'm playing in person without a VTT. Now I'm trying to understand how it works with FGU....

Question 1 - In the AD&D 2ed PHB for initiative it says a player rolls for the base initiative value for the player group and the DM rolls for the NPC group. In a true pen and paper game this is simple -- ask a player (we'll call him Dan) "Dan will roll initiative for the party, I'll roll for the NPCs".

BUT in FGU...

As a DM I see I have the ability to roll Player or NPC initiatives, will my players have the option to roll the initiative for all players?

Question 2 - When using class kits and its time to level up -- do you level up just the "main class" (ie. NOT the kit) or do you level up the kit?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    I know 2e doesn't get the love of 5e so hopefully someone will see this post before too long and be kind to answer my questions.
    I'm at the stage of my relearning of 2e where I got the rules down and understood for the most part for if I'm playing in person without a VTT. Now I'm trying to understand how it works with FGU....

Question 1 - In the AD&D 2ed PHB for initiative it says a player rolls for the base initiative value for the player group and the DM rolls for the NPC group. In a true pen and paper game this is simple -- ask a player (we'll call him Dan) "Dan will roll initiative for the party, I'll roll for the NPCs".

BUT in FGU...

As a DM I see I have the ability to roll Player or NPC initiatives, will my players have the option to roll the initiative for all players?

Question 2 - When using class kits and its time to level up -- do you level up just the "main class" (ie. NOT the kit) or do you level up the kit?

Thanks.
    1) There are various initiative options in the Campaign settings. One of them is a Player v NPC mode and is meant to be used for the situation you described but the ruleset rolls for the player side.

2) Kits don't level. Just class. Some kits might add additional features (most dont) as you get higher level in a class but those situations are not automated.
    Last edited by celestian; April 28th, 2023 at 17:49.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    2E gets lots of love!

Thank you

Regarding a PC rolling for the group, you can use this, if you'd like, to allow a PC to roll for the entire PC group. There's much more there, but you should only need to change the "Init: Grouping" option in order to get what you want without affecting anything else.

Thread Information