DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I think with these changes including data from the Gamesmastery guide that it pretty much means we won't be converting the "old" Gamesmastery guide. All subject to exactly what content is in which product and what coding in the ruleset is required, so that's purely conjecture at this point.
    So those of us who have bought the original core books will be stuck with a mix of the originals plus the updated GM Core, which may result in either missing or duplicated material - depending on Paizo's reorganisation of said data / information across the new four core books? This has a bitter taste to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    So those of us who have bought the original core books will be stuck with a mix of the originals plus the updated GM Core, which may result in either missing or duplicated material - depending on Paizo's reorganisation of said data / information across the new four core books? This has a bitter taste to be frank.
    I think you have to be realistic about how computer systems process data - if Paizo decide to release the remastered "stuff" as new products without an errata to the currently released products then yes, if you open the current Core Rules and the Player Core Remastered then, of course, you'll get duplicates - because the system will show all data records that are available to you. The PF2 ruleset will help with this (as it easily shows the source of each record) as will the recent Core Rules update to allow filtering of the grouped lists (e.g. weapons) to just show records from a single source.

Conversely, if you only have one source open, then (unless Paizo provide some errata in the case of the current Core Rules) you'll be missing data from the other product - e.g. if you just open the Player Core remastered you won't see "stuff" that was in the Core Rules but has been removed.

In the end, we won't be removing anything that you have now. You can make a decision on whether you wish to keep playing as you are, or whether you want to move wholly to using the remastered products - in which case we'll get more information later as to what product areas get replaced/updated in remastered and then you don't open the original products that remastered supersedes. If you want to pick and choose what to use, then you will end up with duplicates - but can use the built in FG filtering as mentioned above.

Depending on how it all pulls together, we may look at adding a flag to show/hide a specific data record so that the GM can decide on which data record is shown to the players. We'll need to investigate the full impact of this, but I think it will be a nice piece of functionality in general. The PF2 rarity does a good job of providing a blanket guideline as to what players can freely use and what they should ask the GM about, but an additional flag allowing a GM to restrict on a per campaign basis would be useful. But this would require a change to the current FG philosophy of read-only rulebooks (not adventures) and so I'd need to discuss that with Smiteworks directly, if that's a direction we want to take.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    It's still 2E just a big Errata and reorganization of content. Unclear what that means for FG modules.
    The whole idea of backward compatibility if you adjust a few rules applies to most editions of games.

I won’t be able to use both 2E and 2.5E products in my Fantasy Grounds campaigns. That’s enough of a difference for me.

Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    I won’t be able to use both 2E and 2.5E products in my Fantasy Grounds campaigns. That’s enough of a difference for me.
    There'll be a crossover for some products - existing Adventures and many Lost Omens guides will still be valid in PF2 Remastered. I'm sure there'll be little things to change - there'll more then likely be a conversions document produced to give guidelines.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    I don't think this is true.

"Are my existing Pathfinder Second Edition books now obsolete?

No. With the exception of a few minor variations in terminology and a slightly different mix of monsters, spells, and magic items, the rules remain largely unchanged. A pre-Remaster stat block, spell, monster, or adventure should work with the remastered rules without any problems."

Important to note that the official name of these books isn't "Remastered".

In fact, there's no mention its a revision in the titles at all. Down in the discussions on the blog post, someone mentions this is deliberate, since it's not a new version of pathfinder, they're just printing new versions of the core books.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdSign View Post
    Important to note that the official name of these books isn't "Remastered".

In fact, there's no mention its a revision in the titles at all. Down in the discussions on the blog post, someone mentions this is deliberate, since it's not a new version of pathfinder, they're just printing new versions of the core books.
    I appreciate that the books don't have "remastered" in the titles. But the main Paizo blog and Twitch streams that I've seen refer to it as the "Remaster Project", hence why I've been referring to this new PF2 "thing" as remastered - as "Player Core" (the name of the new thing) and "Core Rules" (the old thing name) aren't really different enough for the uninitiated reading posts.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...master-Project

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I think with these changes including data from the Gamesmastery guide that it pretty much means we won't be converting the "old" Gamesmastery guide. All subject to exactly what content is in which product and what coding in the ruleset is required, so that's purely conjecture at this point.
    I was REALLY hoping we got this with all the Options before the new version comes out (with stripped down options).

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    I was REALLY hoping we got this with all the Options before the new version comes out (with stripped down options).
    Sorry. Being realistic that's not going to happen from an official product release standpoint. A community developer is welcome to take on any OGL aspects of it if they wish. What is it that you *really* want from the Gamemastery guide?

Paizo is doing this to be completely away from the OGL and publish everything of theirs under the new ORC licensing. So the name of a few things will change and a couple things will be dropped as they are probably OGL reliant. but overall 2.0 and 2.5 will be mostly identical.

Xargun

Thread Information