DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Any ideas how to implement spirit damage before it's officially in the system; or rather which damage type to use for it? Hm. Force could work I guess.

Now that PaizoCon is over and a lot of information has been revealed 2ER, does anyone have any idea how this will be handled in Fantasy Grounds?

I know a lot of people are adamant about Remastered not being another edition. However, it seems like the changes are significant enough that it will be another ruleset.

I don’t mind having to purchase another ruleset to use the Remastered rules. However, I want to be able to use all of the content I’ve already purchased with a Remastered ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    Now that PaizoCon is over and a lot of information has been revealed 2ER, does anyone have any idea how this will be handled in Fantasy Grounds?

I know a lot of people are adamant about Remastered not being another edition. However, it seems like the changes are significant enough that it will be another ruleset.

I don’t mind having to purchase another ruleset to use the Remastered rules. However, I want to be able to use all of the content I’ve already purchased with a Remastered ruleset.
    We haven't decided on exactly how it will be handled, but there will be something that indicates your campaign is a Remastered campaign. Just like the pen-and-paper Remastered rules allow you to use existing content, anything we do in Fantasy Grounds will also allow you to use existing content in a Remastered campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My question is, am i going to have to spend full price to get remastered? Normally I would understand if I did, but I've JUST been starting to pivot to Pathfinder 2e, was about to make the purchases, bought the beginner's box, but realizing that if i buy the core rules now I may have to repurchase all over again is a bit of a big pill to swallow. Knowing that, I may switch to Foundry until Remastered comes out, so I am not spending so much money.

If I knew there was going to be a less expensive upgrade with remastered, I'd be a little more comfortable with buying now, and I'm willing to spend more money with FGU vs Foundry.

But as stated, no one knows yet, so, while I DO like FGU better, I simply dont want to spend money on something I would be for lack of a better term repurchasing again in a few months, so unless information comes out otherwise, I will probably go with this less expensive Foundry until Remastered is in the FGU store.

on the other hand, side note, I'm almost shocked at how many times I have to defend myself every time I mention I like Fantasy Grounds over Foundry. I almost get dogpiled on at the Pathfinder 2e discord every time; no one calls me names or anything, but they attack my reasoning at every stage.

Honestly, playing PF2e in FGU is quite a bit more expensive than on Foundry, the entire rules set with all the SRD stuff is basically free or dirt cheap; I ran the costs to get the stuff I basically got for free on Foundry, and it costs something like $260.

Its a bit of a sticker shock in comparison. But I still like Fantasy Grounds better. But by looking at the money I would need to spend on this, combined with the upcoming remastered I need to take into account, and the fact that the dungeon dudes decided not to make a VTT of their products due to there being a pricing issue to work with fantasy grounds as well, does kind of concern me a bit.

It makes me wonder if Smiteworks is somehow pricing themselves out of the market, but I don't know enough of the subject to make an informed decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    My question is, am i going to have to spend full price to get remastered? Normally I would understand if I did, but I've JUST been starting to pivot to Pathfinder 2e, was about to make the purchases, bought the beginner's box, but realizing that if i buy the core rules now I may have to repurchase all over again is a bit of a big pill to swallow. Knowing that, I may switch to Foundry until Remastered comes out, so I am not spending so much money.

If I knew there was going to be a less expensive upgrade with remastered, I'd be a little more comfortable with buying now, and I'm willing to spend more money with FGU vs Foundry.

But as stated, no one knows yet, so, while I DO like FGU better, I simply dont want to spend money on something I would be for lack of a better term repurchasing again in a few months, so unless information comes out otherwise, I will probably go with this less expensive Foundry until Remastered is in the FGU store.
    You don't have to buy the new books. They're being written to remove themselves from OGL. Just use the books you own.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdSign View Post
    You don't have to buy the new books. They're being written to remove themselves from OGL. Just use the books you own.
    I'm not sure this is 100% true. There will be quite a bit of new and updated content I believe.

Sure but that's the same as any other new release. You don't need to buy all the new books as soon as they come out.

If you need anything out of the remastered books, then pick them up, but they've said enough times that all the old books will still work that I believe them.

... and the fact that the dungeon dudes decided not to make a VTT of their products due to there being a pricing issue to work with fantasy grounds as well, does kind of concern me a bit.
    I think there's been some wires crossed somewhere - when you first mentioned this, Moon Wizard replied here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post672476

Publishers set the cost that their products will sell for on Fantasy Grounds. Sure, SmiteWorks will take a cut of that, as will the person who does the conversions - commission as a percentage of sales (which is only fair). But as Moon Wizard pointed out, the numbers you quoted don't appear correct, and there are different ways of releasing on Fantasy Grounds that can drastically change the commission model.

It makes me wonder if Smiteworks is somehow pricing themselves out of the market, but I don't know enough of the subject to make an informed decision.
    As mentioned, publishers set the price of their products on Fantasy Grounds.

Also keep in mind that in the case of Paizo PF2 adventures on Foundry, they cost more than on Fantasy Grounds - $26.99 for the most recent AP part on Fantasy Grounds, vs. $34.99 on Foundry - a difference of $8; for the slightly older APs (Outlaws of Alkenstar, for example) the difference between each part of the AP on Fantasy Grounds and Foundry is $10. I know it's not $260, but if you play a lot the difference will begin to level out over time and it's an example where SmiteWorks is not pricing themselves out of the market.

Ultimately, if you want official Paizo products with all of the artwork and full product text, then the cost is set by Paizo.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information