DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New to FGU & SWADE Online, questions on setup.

What are the steps to get setup to start running swade in FGU? I've set the rules set and loaded the player's and GM modules but I still seem to have to type in all the skills and edge I would have thought that would have imported a list or something? Looks like parry has to be set manually? I figure I must have missed a step, is there something else I need to do to get everything tied in right?

Welcome to the FG forums!

There's a lot of good information regarding the SWADE FG implementation available in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Worlds+Ruleset

The Character Creation video from the videos section is a good one to look at. It's a bit dated now (in terms of the standard FG interface will look a bit different) but it's still valid in terms of the process to create a character. Skip to just after 3 minutes in to get info on doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3jEcq6aFrs&t=184s
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Doswelk has open games you can sign up for where you'll learn lots as a player. He posts good stuff to youtube.
    Jiminimonka has live streams and records games in a few settings. I learned some cool things watching his stuff.
    If you'd like to observe one of my games to see how things run, you're welcome to. Thursdays at 8pm NY time. Send me a pm and I'll give you the details.
    Welcome, and good gaming!

Thanks Mike! Looked up some of those videos and I think I am pretty set. A lot of the setup was counter intuitive at first but once it clicked it became a lot easier. Got a few of my folks to join and ran a test session/combat and it worked pretty well. The only thing that I think we tripped over was that power mods like extra damage and powers like healing aren't auto tied into the engine right? As well as ammo and power point drain unless we missed those?

Power points are not calculated or deducted by the game engine. That will happen in the future.
    Powers aren't automated either. Given the diversity of settings and setting rules, that's extremely difficult to accomplish.
    The powers have effects on them, which helps.

Thread Information