DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Big Issues using Combat Tracker

Yesterday my gaming group met to continue my introduction of Rolemaster and Fantasy Grounds by taking them through the Dun Cru adventure and we had horrendous time using the Combat Tracker. We were not able to target anything. When we did the standard click/ctrl-click to link the PC and the target the green arrow with the range came up but in the CT it didn't show that the PC actually targeted the opponent. Sure enough, when the player clicked on their weapon to do the attack the table resolver came up with "No Target Selected". I tried to use the CT's target window for the PC to do it from the GM's side and I was not able to get the targeting to work either. However, I couldn't get rid of the green range arrow. I found out that the only way I could get rid of that arrow was to use the CT and click on the clear target button on the PC's target window. This also messed up elemental spell attacks and even base spell attacks. I ended up having to run the resolver manually and pick the right modifiers to simulate the automation.

I know there was an update to FGU a couple of days ago. Did RMC get updated? Has anyone else encountered this? I need to get this resolved before our next meeting or I may lose 2 new converts to Rolemaster (and we can't afford to lose any at this point in time ).

Need help quickly.

Rajek Plathmos

Blog Entries
    Hi Rajek,

Delete everyone from the Combat Tracker and add them back in.
    Only add things to the map from the Combat Tracker.
    Give it a test before your next session.

Thanks damned. That worked.

Just an side to Damned’s fix.

Any time you change a character’s inventory or owners, etc. it never hurts closing and re-opening: The Characters section; Combat Tracker; Character Sheet.
    It sounds cumbersome, but there are linkages that do stop working from normal player/GM tinkering during a session where one of the above ‘resets’ will resolve.

Otherwise enjoy the best RM-based VTT experience out there!

Thread Information