5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Changing Stat names in 5e

So, i am making a home brew campaign but i wanted to change the names of some of the stats, like changing intelligence to mind, and wisdom to soul... how can this be accomplished?

You'll need to write an extension which will replace the name with the ones you want; and it will also have to cope with any uses of those stats in effects, attacks, saving throws, or any other area where the stat is used.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    imo, it's not worth it if you are just doing it for flavor. As Mr Z says, you will have to write an extension. And since ability scores and their names are so integral to the game and FGs automation, you will have a lot of work ahead of you, and you will have to be ready to update your extension every time the 5E or Core Rulesets are enhanced with new capabilities.

And at that point, I would suggest you consider making a new child ruleset derived from 5E or CoreRPG and look at RulesetWizard.com to make the ruleset (or extension) creation easier (but not easy unless you are an experienced code developer).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information