DICE PACKS BUNDLE

CT on client side no longer displays entry when invisible to owner

Well I'm the idiot for sure this time around.

I override FGU logic to insure an owned NPC/PC/Vehicle is always visible by the owner in the client CT.

And I turned off some options I never run without for the recent testing of this invisible stuff to make sure the token was once again moveable/seeable by the user.

And it uncovered a bug in Combat Groups.

I am the evil nefarious coder that did in the pristine ownership rules in my world. When no group or faction filter is in play - I left some of the original FGU code to execute - which killed anything that was invisible - even if it was owned. That was evil bad.

And purely my fault.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 29th, 2023 at 03:54.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I didn't change anything on the client CT code with this update, so not sure what change you are referring to on the client CT side that was taken away. I can show you the SVN logs, if needed to verify that nothing was changed with this update.

The only thing changed with this update that was relevant to things you have mentioned previously was the token ownership visibility question, which was resolved in favor of your suggested outcome.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I didn't change anything on the client CT code with this update, so not sure what change you are referring to on the client CT side that was taken away. I can show you the SVN logs, if needed to verify that nothing was changed with this update.

The only thing changed with this update that was relevant to things you have mentioned previously was the token ownership visibility question, which was resolved in favor of your suggested outcome.

Regards,
    JPG
    Here is what I saw immediately after I updated. I had a neutral PC no longer show up in a client CT and tested all factions only green now works on it. And for owned NPCs no faction I tested worked but I admit I did not test the green one. So all I've done is update FGU. And I always check the 5e and CoreRPG immediately after and saw nothing about anything I touch.

Thus only the engine could be doing this I assume.

PC/NPC of any faction that are owned can and have shown up on the CT for years (the live of my extensions in fact). Now the only thing people can see in a client CT is green - so either something changed in 5E or CoreRPG and I completely missed - always a possibility - and I somehow have to make another override - which would be fine - or as I suspect the base engine code changed and now prevents the owned Client from seeing its own CT entries (regardless of visibility per the discussions about the map token owned things - because obviously - OWNED is OWNED and can see/move things regardless).

I double checked the SVN logs for both CT changes on CoreRPG and 5E. Since Feb. 21 big update, there has been exactly one change for a token crosslink on Mar. 4. None of those changes changed the visibility of entries on the client CT.

Since PCs can not be hidden on the standard CT, it is more likely that hidden records have always been hidden on the client CT (since it only applies to NPCs with the default behaviors). I can pull the logs historically for full verification if needed, but my recollection is that has always been the case.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm not seeing what SR is saying.

I see all colors in the CT.

If the PC controls the PC token no matter what visibility it's set to on the map, they can control it.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Ok I'll debug my stuff as we discussed as there is no obvious thing that changed an all this only works because I've overridden in my code for ownership and visibility. The fact it stopped working today just means something new needs to be gaurded or something old is no longer being triggered on my side. I'll just have to find out what and change it.

Well this was purely a bug in my side where I turned off a bunch of options I never run without and it revealed the culprit who did not allow owned CT entries to be seen in client. Me. The idiot super sensitive about anything invisible guy.

Combat Groups is supposed to always respect the owner and have the CT show that NPC/PC/VEHICLE regardless of faction or visibility.

Thread Information