DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Create a new item and give it a type of 'Vehicle Component'. Items created on a vehicle are unique to that vehicle (in the same way that creating an item on a PC) and don't appear in the list of items. See video thirty eight here for more information on vehicles https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    Wow thank you. I would never have guessed that keying a field in the item could change what data the form allows you to define. Is there any other stealth stuff like that out there? For I'd like to know and would never guess that was a thing without having specifically been told. And now I see I can drag my vehicle only defined things into the item list to make them sharable to other vehicles - thanks that clears up a big mystery. I was thinking it was going to be like classes and the other tab where its all locally defined in that one place.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

As you probably already know typing Armour or Weapon into the item type changes the fields to be filled in accordingly. You can also type in Vehicle Component Upgrade but that doesn't do anything other than add it to the filter list (there are component upgrades in Descent into Avernus). Other than that I don't know of anything else - at least in the 5e ruleset.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As you probably already know typing Armour or Weapon into the item type changes the fields to be filled in accordingly. You can also type in Vehicle Component Upgrade but that doesn't do anything other than add it to the filter list (there are component upgrades in Descent into Avernus). Other than that I don't know of anything else - at least in the 5e ruleset.
    I never actually connected it to changing but your right for armor and weapons. I don't really define data that much myself (SW5E being the exception). The store things that define data is a microcosm of what home brews use to define data with FGU. I'm sure if there are people out there who want targetable components on a vehicle and are willing to deal with no real targeting ability (a click on the vehicle token bringing up a combo list of components to choose one to target comes to mind as being a desirable thing) have defined their own vehicles all over the place. As I was contemplating on doing for my 5E data set for SW5E where all my vehicles are NPCs. I've even modified carrier to give the players access to a vehicles component actions just like they had for NPCs.

Short of me writing my own extension to handle targeting of components, which I don't want do, I'm going to probably not use them though I would REALLY like starships with targetable components. Its just not friendly enough for a lazy DM like me yet.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information