FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Portraits taking up to much space

My FGU games are a battle for real estate on my screen - but for some reason the portraits of logged in users at the top left of the app have become massive.

I tried to find out how to change them to a smaller size via extension but evidently the desktop characterlist_entry are all tied inside engine code to User.setPortrait with no way to effect its size (that I could find by experimenting around). I can see where the <bounds>10,10,72,72</bounds> can be changed for all portrait displays everywhere BUT the User.setPortrait one.

Is there any way this User.setPortrait can be changed in size? Or if not, can it go back to the way it used to be (much smaller)?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Mad Nomad has an extension that changes portrait size. Sorry, don't remember which one, but maybe Interactive Portaits?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mad Nomad has an extension that changes portrait size. Sorry, don't remember which one, but maybe Interactive Portaits?
    Watched the video looks very cool - more than I'm after though for sure. And for sure I don't want to replace characterlist with my own thing and then potentially have to maintain it when FGU changes that area. Which it looks like what he'd have had to do (at a guess). Still - having watched the video I'd for sure recommend people look into it as it seems to do a lot and looks very powerful.

I think it was in the last update that the player portrait sizes were made slightly bigger from 80 to 100px I believe.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think it was in the last update that the player portrait sizes were made slightly bigger from 80 to 100px I believe.
    I know. Pretty sure I'd heard other complaints on that also. My question would be why? Real estate is the number one problem with FGU the way they handle windows and all - why would you make less space available?

I don't know; but probably because more people were complaining that they were too small. Or possibly because something that's coming down the line requires slightly bigger portraits.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't know; but probably because more people were complaining that they were too small. Or possibly because something that's coming down the line requires slightly bigger portraits.
    In the forms? Sure I can see that. In the upper left of the overall real estate? I have honestly never seen a request for that. Could have missed it for sure - but that... I've only seen a few complaints about it being larger.

Blog Entries
    In many of the rulesets that I have coded I had been using bigger portraits for some time. People like them - they often spend a lot of time finding the right portrait. it does however cost in Real Estate. Everything has a flip side.

Perhaps there could be a way to adjust the portrait sizes, locations or turn them off altogether? Another thing that I noticed is that every party member (including NPCs in the party) is in this line up whether they are online or not. All I have to do is put 19 characters in the party and functions start to get covered.

I know that they are useful for selecting a player or NPC, but I have seen some glitches where a player's login name was made into player portrait, added to the screen and wasn't accessible, because there was no character assigned to it. One of my players took a screen shot of such an occurrence and they blocked vital functions for him. He only had to have 15 characters to start covering functions. This of course can be adjusted with the /scaleui and mine is set to 90%.

(I would include a picture, but the upload feature does not work.)

My real issue here is not the size of the party or even the large portraits, but that the laying of the portraits along the top of the screen without screen wrap or prevention of portraits from invading control space to the right.

I run a Pathfinder 1 game with 10 players and NPCs, so don't have much real estate on my desktop along the top of the screen with the new size increase.
    Last edited by Salto; January 13th, 2024 at 19:01. Reason: Picture not uploading

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salto View Post
    Perhaps there could be a way to adjust the portrait sizes, locations or turn them off altogether? Another thing that I noticed is that every party member (including NPCs in the party) is in this line up whether they are online or not. All I have to do is put 19 characters in the party and functions start to get covered.

I know that they are useful for selecting a player or NPC, but I have seen some glitches where a player's login name was made into player portrait, added to the screen and wasn't accessible, because there was no character assigned to it. One of my players took a screen shot of such an occurrence and they blocked vital functions for him. He only had to have 15 characters to start covering functions. This of course can be adjusted with the /scaleui and mine is set to 90%.

(I would include a picture, but the upload feature does not work.)

My real issue here is not the size of the party or even the large portraits, but that the laying of the portraits along the top of the screen without screen wrap or prevention of portraits from invading control space to the right.

I run a Pathfinder 1 game with 10 players and NPCs, so don't have much real estate on my desktop along the top of the screen with the new size increase.
    See discussion here: Character portraits always visible? (fantasygrounds.com)
    If you want to see discussion of this and the implementation of the option, you can read the discussion of the beta test here: Portraits that have shown me who is logged in with what PC now no longer seem to work (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information