DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about custom class spell slots

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked previously, I saw similar threads from about 2018 but they didn't answer my question: Is there an option to customize spell slot allotment (full, half, third) for level up that doesn't involve the "Spellcasting" feature entry that's tied to level acquisition? I watched a tutorial - (Class Creation Spellcasters and Archetypes - by Philip Greig) - that said FG is programmed to automatically allot spell slots based on the level entered on the "Spellcasting" feature entry (1 for full, 2 for half, 3 for third). This is a problem, since I am trying to enter a homebrew half-caster class that has spellcasting at 1st level. The artificer is precedent for this for any rules lawyers; however, there appears to be a class title exception to the script. If the class is called "Artificer" then they will be a half-caster even though they get spellcasting at level 1, but if you change the name it immediately becomes a full-caster. Can you just add a button to designate the spellcaster type during creation? Or am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention this is pertaining to the 5e ruleset
    Last edited by earphonesan; March 26th, 2023 at 20:11.

Welcome to the forums.

I assume it was you that I had a dialog with in the comments section of my video. As noted in my replies there's no button or anything that you can add to your custom class that will automate this. The Artificer is hard coded inside the ruleset to be a half caster even though it gets spells at 1st level. For any similar custom class you'll need to create a 1st level character with the class and then go into the class and level dialog and change the cycler to half caster before you level up the character. This will set the correct spell slot progression.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the reply! I am not the person you are referring to as far as previous dialog - I just happened upon this while trying to create a class in FGU. I have no previous history otherwise, this is my first time trying to customize. I'm a fairly rookie FGU user. I see the button - I was missing the obvious. Thanks again.

Ah, sorry. A considerable coincidence indeed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information