FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question about encumbrance and maneuvers

I am a little confused, in character law, there are specific rules around encumbrance, you take 10% of weight etc. to find out your encumbrance allowance and if you have penalties based on the dead weight you are carrying. Yet, there is also Table 10-04 Static Action table, which inexplicably has a section on Maneuvers. There are "extra" penalties for "encumbered****" which are; Light (one weapon and belt equipment), Medium (weapons/armor and belt equipment) Heavy (weapons/armor and normal pack), Very Heavy (all personal equipment and 50-100 lb), Burdened (all personal equipment and over 100 lb). So are these mods added on top of normal manuever penalties that are calculated for armor and encumbrance?

In RMC / FGU, it uses the automatic 10% is your load limit and one takes an extra -10/10% over that minus one’s Strength Total Bonus.

Disregard the mods on the Static table unless you want to add extra difficulty for those packrats with tonnes of strength that make a mockery of any weight limits, and want to add more of a Bulk difficulty where bits and bobs are sticking out and into one’s ribs(ie. in the way of allowing normal movement).

To wit, I don’t know of anyone that uses those mods out of 35 years of both playing and GMing RM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    In RMC / FGU, it uses the automatic 10% is your load limit and one takes an extra -10/10% over that minus one’s Strength Total Bonus.

Disregard the mods on the Static table unless you want to add extra difficulty for those packrats with tonnes of strength that make a mockery of any weight limits, and want to add more of a Bulk difficulty where bits and bobs are sticking out and into one’s ribs(ie. in the way of allowing normal movement).

To wit, I don’t know of anyone that uses those mods out of 35 years of both playing and GMing RM.
    Yeah, I've started GMing in the early 90s and I just noticed this now (although i think I saw it before and forgot about it). I always felt that using purely weight based encumbrance doesn't really work. It would be much better to have some sort of weight and slot based system like most Computer RPGs have. If you have a very strong character, they can "carry" a whole store's worth of items, but where do they put it? (Assuming no horse).

Yes, every thing you will put in a back pack should get a space. Even the backpack

Thread Information