DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Did you check the router settings as well per the document that Zacchaeus linked above?

Regards,
    JPG

@Damned: No additional AV software running besides the Win 11 integrated one (same software is running on PC and Notebook)
    It has worked on the desktop PC until 27.02.2023 without any issues. At the session on 13.03. the issues began.

@Moon Wizard: I would rule out any issues with the router since it works on the notebook which is connected to the same router (but with Wifi, while desktop PS is connected via cable). Btw I do not have any other network issues on that desktop PC (which is my main gaming PC)

Between the session on 27.02 and on 13.03. there were no software installations or hardware changes (at least none that i am aware of since we know that windows does some silent installations in the background frequently)

So, i just joined the campaign on my notebook via a cable connection and it works. So we can definately rule out the network as being the issue. Especially since there are no port forwardings etc are set up for any device in my network.

Please provide detailed screenshots of the exceptions in Windows Defender for FantasyGrounds.exe
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Screenshot 2023-03-20 204126.jpg

Thats the exceptions screen. It is in german though

I think we'll need to look deeper than that.

You can open Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...es-configuring

Then try manually setting inbound and outbound enabled rules for FantasyGrounds.exe
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I did set the inbound and outbound rules for FantasyGrounds.exe in the default installation folder and sadly no improvement :-(

Screenshot 2023-03-20 212037.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-20 212103.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-20 212116.jpg
    Last edited by Lejawyn; March 20th, 2023 at 21:22.

Blog Entries
    If it was working on 27 Feb - can you see if there is a System Restore point at or around that date that you can roll back to. System Restore doesnt affect data (well its not supposed to anyway) it just rolls back windows files, program files and settings to the specified restore point.

Failing that - can you see what windows updates have installed since that date?

Can you try re-running windows update?

There is only one System Restore Point and that is from yesterday apparently.

From what i can see there were only a few updates. A couple of windows defender definition updates, and a cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems.

I will try a system update and check on sunday when the next session is if it works

Edit: Wait there are more system restore points, but the earliest is from 28.02.

Thread Information