DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Vehicle combat support for things like The Stars are Fire. I think the code is already in CoreRPG but rulesets need to specifically write in support.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    This is good. I would add being able to do Flavor substitutions for those abilities.

I'm not familiar with this, but if it's something that records all the steps that created a character... YES, PLEASE!
    Oh yeah, Flavors also. Would also be really nice to be able to slot the Flavor into various locations in the character sentence.
    Yes, that's basically what the Tracker does.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Hey all! Sorry I've been silent for a while but things got busy. We've got a brand new Cypher system sub-forum, and since this extension is currently in the process of becoming obsolete I had the thread moved to the Cypher sub-forum.

I've got a few stickied threads in the forum with the details of this migration. Currently all of the changes are in the TEST channel, and will stay there until I can run some sessions with the changes. I would appreciate any help testing this, as I only run one game a week. Just make sure to back up your campaign just in case something weird happens.

I linked this in the announcements thread, but if you want to keep up with my work backlog, I have it all on a public Trello page (https://trello.com/b/2TtVVqtI/fantas...cypher-ruleset)

SQUEEEEE!

So, if I copy my current campaign to the TEST channel folders and disable the extension, stand on one foot while drawing arcane symbols in the air, and performing eldritch chants, it should Just Work(tm)?
    --
    I'm so bassic

SQUEEEEE!

So, if I copy my current campaign to the TEST channel folders and disable the extension, stand on one foot while drawing arcane symbols in the air, and performing eldritch chants, it should Just Work(tm)?
    That's exactly it, you got it. If anything is going to be different, I suspect it will be the actions tab on the PC sheet. That's the piece that has undergone the most change between Cypher++ and this release.

I'll see if maybe I can get a one-shot or two in over the next couple of weeks.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Oh yeah, Flavors also. Would also be really nice to be able to slot the Flavor into various locations in the character sentence.
    Yes, that's basically what the Tracker does.
    This is good. I would add being able to do Flavor substitutions for those abilities.
    Regarding adding flavors, I have two ideas and I'm not sure which is better.

Option 1: Flavors a are library type that you can create and drop onto a character sheet just like type, descriptor, and focus. They live in a text-field on the PC sheet and are part of the character description. I.e. "Roland is a Rugged Technology-Flavored Warrior who Controls Gravity"

Option 2: Add some special type-customizer window that lets the GM select a Type and a Flavor, and then there's a guided process that takes the GM through the process of selecting and replacing abilities from the base Type with abilities from the Flavor. The resulting customized Type is then added as a new Type in the library. This new customized Type can be dropped onto a player sheet as normal.

Keep in mind that neither of these include any features around automatically adding abilities or tracking level ups or anything. Those are future features I'll deal with then. For now, the question is how do I present Flavors. Are they a GM tool to customize Types? Or are they a player option that can be added to the character sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Are they a GM tool to customize Types? Or are they a player option that can be added to the character sheet?
    For me, it's both. I use Flavors to customize the Types for whatever genre/setting I'm running. That said, for my games, flavors are always options. Whenever a player increases Tier, they can use the flavor option or not.
    I don't usually allow "flavor hopping", though, unless there's something that happens in the story that calls for it. If a player has a specific character idea in mind, we can talk about maybe creating a new flavor for that archetype, or swap out specific abilities in the chosen flavor to obtain the build they're looking for.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I know this may be late in adding, but is there anyway to add Numenera Plans from the Destiny corebook as an item type and format? They can be added as just a standard item, but they do not fit neatly there. Thanks for all your work on this.

I tried going to the forge link and it says page not found.
    Is it now just the drop-down menu "cypher system" when you choose your campaign type?

Is there any fan-created stuff I can go buy and download? Creatures, for instance. Or do I need to just open up a blank sheet and type in the level, etc, manually?

Thread Information