DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Drag and Drop Weapons to NPC's, like I do with spells

Is it possible to drag and drop weapons to custom NPC's. So all the guards dont have the same weapons etc.
    It works with spells, but weapons don not transfer. I have checked online and only found that lots of others have tried and failed with this too.

Welcome to the FG forums. When posting in a generic forum, please mention which ruleset you're referring to as some rulesets may do things differently than others.

In this case, most rulesets don't cater for drag/drop of items to an NPC, this can be for differing reasons, depending on the ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy Trigger View Post
    Is it possible to drag and drop weapons to custom NPCs? So all the guards have different weapons etc.
    It works with spells, but weapons don 'not transfer. I have checked online and found that many others have tried and failed.
    Most users make a copy of a given NPC by dragging the data link back into that NPC into the same NPC data area and then editing the weapons or actions to fit their needs. Once you have edited the NPC to your liking, could you consider adding any or all actions you wish instead of just editing, so if you use it again, select the action you want to use? To speed up this challenge, you can build one generic NPC with most of the action text options you want to use so you can copy and paste those main or common actions in the future.

Consider creating a GM-controlled character sheet if you need more functionality than that or more detailed options. The PCs vs. NPCs options in most rule sets are very different.
    Last edited by Laerun; March 20th, 2023 at 03:24.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    For D&D 5E there is a community extension that allows you to build NPCs via an interface.
    Fantasy Grounds NPC Maker 5E - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild (dmsguild.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

it is increasingly difficult to find people that program in Basic who are also translators, so I'd imagine the answer is a strong yes...

Maybe there's a mod out there somewhere that can save the day?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RicePresident View Post
    Maybe there's a mod out there somewhere that can save the day?
    See post #4.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If I understand correctly - you want to drop weapons in NPC inventory and have them show up in the main sheet and CT as weapons. And have them react like PC inventories?

If in 5E, I believe a free one of MeAndUnique's does inventory for NPCs. Also my map parcels puts in inventory and supports additional drag/drop between sheets/parcels/party sheet. And equipped effects allows adding them into NPC main sheet and CT when equipped. Not sure which supports adding them into NPC sheet (probably EE but not sure).

Personally, if you can do it for free I'd research that angle - maybe someone else can remember which things support NPC inventory specifically.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The NPC Maker 5E on DM's Guild seems to have been taken down. Didn't Rob say all of his stuff was moving to the Forge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    The NPC Maker 5E on DM's Guild seems to have been taken down. Didn't Rob say all of his stuff was moving to the Forge?
    I think you're right. I remember something...
    But I can't find it on the Forge.

Thread Information