DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Die roll bug?

Die roll bug?

Hi, we've noticed what appears to be a bug, we play the FRP extension but I'm not sure this is related.

We noticed that the graphical dice roll was not the same as the roll captured as the result. Specifically that the units die was being increased by 1.

This led to some strange results...
    66 became 67, not a problem because 65 would become 66. However 99 became 90. This led to a strong suspicion that 09 would show as 00 but be treated as Zero.

Aside from it being visually off-putting to have the graphic and number not match we're worried that we'll lose those wonderful 00s!

I can confirm, new campaign, no extensions. It does not seem to matter which D100 I grab, the ones at the bottom of the chat, or the one in the tray

I decided to try it in a CoreRPG campaign, and it behaves the same there as well, so it seems to be something in the Engine, and not specific to Rolemaster.

I tried to capture some screen shots, it was kinda tough.

I'm going to post over to House of Healing so the main devs see it.

It seems to be happening with all D100, even the D100 in CoreRPG, so the Rolemaster dice are inheriting that bug it seems.

I've posted over to the House of Healing here, since it seems to be a bug in the core code, not Rolemaster.

NOTE: There is a post over on Reddit as well regarding Call of Cthulhu and the D100 behaving the same way there as well, so that adds to the evidence that it may be in the core code somewhere.

Yeah good find. I did some testing and a 9 becomes a 0. The rest of the numbers add one to the ones digit. I posted in the House of Healing thread also.

Nicely done.

I can confirm my 100 became an 01 this past Wednesday game, going from a great moment to a Fumble in one fell swoop, ROFL!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1765720233?t=9855s

@Ardem
    I missed out on a Fate Point!

Sorry i have something in my pocket for you Majyk for that. It is the world smallest violin to play a sad song to help your anguish.

Obviously there was some 99's that became a 100. It is what it is. The die was able to make a full 100 roll and it the result that matter not what the dice looks like.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Thread Information