Starfinder Playlist

How do I add PC tokens from the map to the combat tracker?

If I have a player's character token on the map and want to start a combat encounter between that player and an NPC, is there a way to use the token that's already on the map in the combat encounter so that it has a health bar instead of having to drag a new token from the combat tracker? If so, how do I do it?

Unfortunately, you need to put the tokens/characters onto the Combat Tracker first, then drag from there to the Map for the automation to work properly.

There's really no way to use existing tokens for combat encounters? That seems like something you should be able to do.

If you setup Encounters ahead of time, your can click the button at the bottom and add them to the CT and Map at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Any tokens that are ever going to be involved in combat should always be placed on the map via the combat tracker, otherwise you will not have the automation of the Combat Tracker. It's a one way relationship and can not be reversed. IMO there is never a reason to add a character token to a map from any place other than the CT. It's a paradigm shift from Roll20 and maybe other VTTs, but once you make the change, you will probably never be bothered by it.

As said, using Encounters, you can pre-place NPCs so that they can quickly be added to the CT and map.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tslewis View Post
    There's really no way to use existing tokens for combat encounters? That seems like something you should be able to do.
    If they are only on the map then they are just tokens. They are not monsters or characters - they are just tokens.
    If they arent in the CT then they are just fluff.

Thread Information