STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How do I see the books I bought?

Where do I see the books? DM Guide etc?

Blog Entries
    Launch FG
    Run an Update
    Start or Create a Campaign using the ruleset for the game system you want to see your books for
    When the campaign opens, goto Modules
    From the Module window, Click Activation
    Once the product loads you will find the various lists populated (Stories, NPC, Items, etc) as well you might find more information in the Reference Manual (via the Modules window)

Or see: Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorial --- How To Load A Module - YouTube

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Launch FG
    Run an Update
    Start or Create a Campaign using the ruleset for the game system you want to see your books for
    When the campaign opens, goto Modules
    From the Module window, Click Activation
    Once the product loads you will find the various lists populated (Stories, NPC, Items, etc) as well you might find more information in the Reference Manual (via the Modules window)

Or see: Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorial --- How To Load A Module - YouTube
    I just want to browse the book? I can't just open the Players handbook and read it? what the hell did I buy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thobel View Post
    I just want to browse the book? I can't just open the Players handbook and read it? what the hell did I buy?
    You bought DLC for a virtual table top application (VTT). "Books" for it are effectively databases of information and objects that can be used to run an RPG game via a virtual environment. i.e. instead of a stat block for a monster laid out like you would in a book, you have a data object that can perform attacks, cast spells, make saving throws, take damage and be linked to a token on a battle map (and more).

You did not buy a PDF of a published book that you can read but everything else is in your imagination. That said, depending upon which "Book" you are talking about, it may have a "Reference Manual" version that contains a human readable electronic version of the book.

Depending upon your intent and desires, you may or may not want to return what you bought. If you bought via the FG Store (this website) they have a 30 day refund policy. Steam and the DMsGuild have less friendly return policies.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How do they have the nerve to charge these prices and you don't even get the book? This seems like a damn scam

Blog Entries
    To add more, if you are talking the D&D 5E Player's Handbook, as I said, there is the reference manual which is a electronic human readable form of the "book". It looks like the attached image. You can select the chapters and pages, use the prev and next buttons on the bottom of the page, etc.
    Screenshot 2023-03-12 171917.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

To add more, if you are talking the D&D 5E Player's Handbook, as I said, there is the reference manual which is a electronic human readable form of the "book". It looks like the attached image. You can select the chapters and pages, use the prev and next buttons on the bottom of the page, etc.
    Screenshot 2023-03-12 171917.png
    That's what I first asked how do I get to it?

Blog Entries
    How do they have the nerve to charge these prices and you don't even get the book? This seems like a damn scam
    You bought something that you didn't know what it was and think its a scam? That's... interesting.

Anyway, all the content from the book is in the module. It's readable and accessible inside the application. It's just much more capable than a PDF or similar static electronic format. They charge the same as the printed book, but you get a whole lot more capability.

You can share the book with as many players as are connected to your campaign (if you are the GM). Each player can be reading a different page of the book, at the same time. You can't do that with a printed book. Plus all the other capbilities I already mentioned.

Blog Entries
    That's what I first asked how do I get to it?
    Follow the directions in my first reply.

Follow the directions in my first reply.
    I did I got to this.

ewwe.jpg

Thread Information