DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Party damage gauge bar

Hi, I am doing a campaing, where I want to make my players fight a huge boss.
    In order to give the impression of thic armor, I was wondering if there was a visual way to program a gauge bar inside FGU that uses the data of the damage dealt by players to fill itself up.
    That way I wouldn't have to keep track of it, and players would also get a cool visual info.
    Let me know if its possible or I am just trippin.
    Thank you

There is an option in options to show a damage bar on any creature or NPC. (Mind you; you don't say what ruleset so it may not be available on every ruleset).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus mentioned, you can turn on the damage bar (at least I know that exists in the 5E ruleset but not sure of other rulesets).

Now by the sound of it what you are going for is basically the big boss takes a certain amount of damage (their thick armor) and then goes into a different stage of attack/defense mode. I did something like this with a 2 stage monster boss before. Basically, you have both monsters setup in the encounter and go into the Combat Tracker. Keep the 2nd stage version hidden and just skip over them when it gets to their turn (I make sure to give them the same initiative as the first version). Then when the party gets the 1st version down enough that it would enter the 2nd stage (i.e. enough damage to break the armor), hide the first version (or remove from Combat Tracker but currently if you did that and are using the new Death Indicators it would put a blood splatter down), and unhide the 2nd version who is not full health and has whatever additional abilities/disadvantages happen without the armor.

One caveat to make sure of is when you set the XP for the encounter, since both versions will likely be considered a high CR; just adjust the overall XP of the encounter as you think appropriate.

It worked out well for me when I did it as my boss transformed into a different creature and by doing the 2 different versions they can have different tokens to show the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is an option in options to show a damage bar on any creature or NPC. (Mind you; you don't say what ruleset so it may not be available on every ruleset).
    Thank you for the quick answer. I am using starfinder rn.
    How can I activate the health bar?/

Set this option to 'bar'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information