DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

d20 Future Campaign

OK, I didn't get the reaction I thought I would for my fantasy campaign. So, I am going to test the water for a new d20 future campaign. I'm looking for 3 to 4 players for a weekly campaign set in a homebrew setting. Running on Sat. nights from 2200 to 0300 (CST or GMT -6).
    See you around the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    OK, I didn't get the reaction I thought I would for my fantasy campaign. So, I am going to test the water for a new d20 future campaign. I'm looking for 3 to 4 players for a weekly campaign set in a homebrew setting. Running on Sat. nights from 2200 to 0300 (CST or GMT -6).
    Wraith - I could be wrong, but I think there is a general reluctance to sign up on sites outside of Fantasy Grounds, simply because it's another barrier and it is so much easier to come back to the one place, however, limited it is in functionality. Even the most used FourUglyMonsters is a bit of a pain to lazy people like me.

I'm also not clear on what time it is running? Is it 4am GMT? If so, then maybe your time is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scytale2
    Even the most used FourUglyMonsters is a bit of a pain to lazy people like me.
    OK, so your to lazy to sign up on a group that you can access from your e-mail. I'm pretty sure that even the laziest person that plays FG checks their e-mail and then logs onto FG forums. Unless I'm looking for a group or players I don't even bother coming here. I check my e-mail and I'm done. How about you? Oh, and if you sent this site up right you can even check it from your e-mail too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scytale2
    I'm also not clear on what time it is running? Is it 4am GMT? If so, then maybe your time is the issue.
    As for the time... here is a class on how time zones work. First off there are the US time zones, Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern (Atlantic). For those around the world they use Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), and then they use a modifier. In my add where it says GMT-6 it means the time is 6 hours behind GMT. So if I say 2200 CST or GMT-6 that means 2200 CST and 0400 GMT. Any questions? That's rhetorical by the way.
    See you around the table.

He's got a point though.... 10PM may be a bit late for most US based players, and 4AM is rediculous for most European based players. So that leaves Asian players, who would start at around 11AM on Sunday. Pretty good time, it's just that there aren't many players from Asia.

And to be really precise, GMT is not the standard any more, UTC is. GMT is actually the name of the time zone in which Greenwich is located. In daylight savings periods, GMT is actually UTC +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    In daylight savings periods, GMT is actually UTC +1.
    No it isn't!! That's a reason why game matchup mistakes are made in the summer.

GMT is always GMT, in summer we go to British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT +1.

GMT is always the same as UTC, some countries just didn't like using a "British" time convention, so they made up another!!

and the couldn't even get the abbreviation correct: UTC (coordinated universal time)

MB

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    and the couldn't even get the abbreviation correct: UTC (coordinated universal time)
    MB
    English: CUT (coordinated universal time)
    French: TUC (temps universel coordonn&#233
    compromise: UTC (universal time, coordinated)

And I think you're both right. The most common use is for UTC to be equal to GMT, but I think it's also used as GMT+1 in sattelite systems for some reason. (I'm not going to pretend to be smart enough to know why.)
    Last edited by Mellock; January 9th, 2008 at 09:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    And I think you're both right. The most common use is for UTC to be equal to GMT, but I think it's also used as GMT+1 in sattelite systems for some reason. (I'm not going to pretend to be smart enough to know why.)

Noooooooo!!

We're not both right!

The UK Government is right, (and therefore me! ). If some barmy sattelite system is WRONG, then that doesn't make us BOTH right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    English: CUT (coordinated universal time)
    French: TUC (temps universel coordonné)
    compromise: UTC (universal time, coordinated)
    The french are way down the list, but if they don't get things in their language they get real pissed )

(Sorry for hi-jacking the thread btw, but people getting timezones wrong is a pet hate of mine )

MB
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; January 9th, 2008 at 09:37.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Noooooooo!!
    MB
    Hehe, hey now, I did say that the common, normal, worldwide, everyday, 99% usage was UTC=GMT

I have never used UTC. :P For me, GMT was and is a reference point whenever talking about time with contacts in different time zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    Running on Sat. nights from 2200 to 0300 (CST or GMT -6)
    Oh, the time IS ridiculous as was pointed before. And the 2200 part is not it, the 0300 is. Sitting in front of a computer till 3AM. O_O I would fall asleep at 1AM max. And of course European players won't get up past 3AM to be there on 4AM. I think the time you picked would work for American players if this was a one shot adventure, but if you plan to run a campaign it's not likely you will get many applications. Why such late (or early) hours, Wraith?
    Last edited by DarkStar; January 9th, 2008 at 10:32.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Wikipedia:
    UTC replaced Greenwich Mean Time on 1 January, 1972 as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions
    Time zone
    Although civil time in the United Kingdom, e.g., the Greenwich Time Signal, is in practice now based on UTC, the winter time scale, which is equal to UTC, is still popularly called GMT. Civil time in the UK is legally (but not practically) still based on astronomical GMT, not UTC. Those countries marked in dark blue on the map above use Western European Summer Time and advance their clock one hour in summer. In the United Kingdom, this is known as British Summer Time (BST); in the Republic of Ireland it is called Irish Summer Time (IST). Those countries marked in light blue keep their clocks on UTC/GMT/WET year round.

Thread Information