STAR TREK 2d20

Hiding NPC 'Other' tab from Players

If I have a scenario where I want a Player to take on the role of an NPC in combat, so drag the NPC onto their portrait, do they see the 'Other' tab?

I'm fairly sure the answer is yes, without double-checking, so wondered whether anyone had any suggestions for how I could prevent that from happening - or a work around for my problem below.

I use that tab for writing DM notes, such as the personality of the NPC, what they want, any secrets they may be hiding... therefore, happy for the Player to use them in combat, but don't want them seeing all that juicy stuff.

Any thoughts?

Yes, the player will see the other tab. The only way to prevent that would be to copy the NPC and delete the text in the Notes tab of the copy and share the copy with the player.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Or put all the juicy stuff in a story, add a link to the story from the other tab. Pretty sure (you should test) that when you share the NPC it will not share the story.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Both fair workarounds, thanks!

Thread Information