5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Bug?/Request?] Show GM rolls OFF w/ Show results to client ON

It feels like when you have these settings (Show GM rolls OFF and Show results to client ON) that chat should hide the actual roll of an NPC (e.g., d20+3) but show if the result of [HIT], [MISS], or [CRITICAL HIT]. I don't want the players seeing the modifier to the d20 roll, but I like them seeing the result. It appears that if you have Show GM rolls OFF, it never shows the result one way or the other (i.e., Show GM rolls overrides Show results to client). Is this a bug? If not, can we make it a request? Seems like it would be a small thing to implement.

This is exactly what those two in combination do. With DM rolls off then the players don't see the roll that the DM makes - so they don't see the dice nor does the dice get shown in chat. With Show results to client on then the players see the result of the roll; whether hit or miss etc. See the attached images from DM and player view with DM rolls off and show results to client on.

If you are not seeing this then I'd suggest that maybe an extension that you are using is interfering with the output.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here is what I see with those settings (see attached image).
    It does not show the actual roll to the player client; only the final result.

Regards,
    JPG

Here's an AD&D ruleset (no extensions) example of what I'm seeing.

Good Day Hjorimir
    The picture you attached shows the GM side, which should show all the info. When you are connected as a player do you see the same thing?

Hey, Bonkon! I'm talking about the hidden aspect. I expect to see everything as the GM. However, my players (when connected obviously) cannot see the result despite my having show results to clients option set to ON. The lines (see my image, above), where the [MISS] and [HIT] are reported should not have the hidden eyeball. They should be displayed for all.

Sure thing! GM view on the left, Client view on the right here.

Blog Entries
    OK well you ought to post this in the 2E ruleset section as it looks like it is specific to that ruleset.

It may be how Celestian intended it to work or it might be a bug.

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Thread Information