5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How to simulate dice games or gambling in FG?

Hello!

1. I want to let my players play (Critical Roles's) Crick Queen's Call in the local Tavern, in a nutshell, it's a 3d6 game that simulates poker and makes for a great quick gambling game for RPGs.
      1. The problem I see with FG is that everyone who participates is supposed to roll 3d6 and keep their hand secret... only secret dice are the DMs, and I don't want to have everyone roll in the tower and then IM'ing them their results, kinda defeats the purpose of that quick game.

2. Another game I want allow them to play is "Dragon's Hoard," in a nutshell the problem I see is players place GPs in one of 9 spots... I was thinking on using tokens and an image, but that's tedious as we're talking dozens of gps, maybe more...
    3. Lastly, what about card games where similarly to #1 above, they need to keep their hand secret from the rest of the players?

I understand this deviates form RPG and likely FGU is not meant for this, but surely there's a module out there that may have attempted something like this?

Please advise and Thanks! in advance

Have you looked at this?

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1040/view (Dice Games)

and

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view

(Cards)

Both make game playing a lot easier.

Blog Entries
    Dice Games does not include that specific game but does have 5 dice games that can be used for gambling or for setting up some tension in a bar scene

I have the same issue, having recently introduced those exact games to my own campaign.

Will look into those extensions - thanks

Thread Information