FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Cool feature. I hadn't realized that you could change the default puddle based on the creature type. Is there any chance the death marker settings get updated at some point to use PF2 creature types? I don't think outsider keys off anything right now, and I cannot figure out how I could change the death marker for an elemental, for example. It would also be nice to be able to turn off the death markers for specific creature types.

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    Cool feature. I hadn't realized that you could change the default puddle based on the creature type. Is there any chance the death marker settings get updated at some point to use PF2 creature types? I don't think outsider keys off anything right now, and I cannot figure out how I could change the death marker for an elemental, for example. It would also be nice to be able to turn off the death markers for specific creature types.
    Turning off the markers would have to be a feature request for the base CoreRPG ruleset functionality. If you import a blank image into FG, you could setup a custom marker set with a blank image and assign that to a creature type.

I'm happy to make some changes to the creature types listed, within reason.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can use the attached file - put it in your <FG app data>\images folder, then it will be available in the "Data" image asset folder. You can create a new Marker set and just add this one image to it - then assign that marker set to creature types that you don't want any markers to appear for.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm going to change the creature type list in a future release to:

Code:
    	"aberration",
    	"animal",
    	"beast",
    	"celestial",
    	"construct",
    	"dragon",
    	"elemental",
    	"fey",
    	"fiend",
    	"fungus",
    	"humanoid",
    	"monitor",
    	"ooze",
    	"plant",
    	"undead"
    This is based off the types from the "Creatures by Type" list at the back of Bestiary 1 and 2 - where more than just a couple of creatures were part of the creature type and the type was pretty unique; for example, I didn't add "giant" because giants also have the "humanoid" trait.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 19th, 2023 at 22:55.

If you turn off the default type (Ie set to empty); then any creatures without a specific death marker will not leave any mark. To turn “off” death markers, just set them all to empty option.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you turn off the default type (Ie set to empty); then any creatures without a specific death marker will not leave any mark. To turn “off” death markers, just set them all to empty option.

JPG
    Yeah, I thought of that, but combined with the fact that the available creature types did not really correspond to PF2 creatures, it didn't feel like an ideal solution.

Thanks Trenloe, for the blank image and planned creature type update.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm going to change the creature type list in a future release to:

Code:
    	"aberration",
    	"animal",
    	"beast",
    	"celestial",
    	"construct",
    	"dragon",
    	"elemental",
    	"fey",
    	"fiend",
    	"fungus",
    	"humanoid",
    	"monitor",
    	"ooze",
    	"plant",
    	"undead"
    This is based off the types from the "Creatures by Type" list at the back of Bestiary 1 and 2 - where more than just a couple of creatures were part of the creature type and the type was pretty unique; for example, I didn't add "giant" because giants also have the "humanoid" trait.
    This is now live as part of the Tuesday update.

Thanks Trenloe!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Is there a quick way to "clean up" a map and remove all death markers from it?

My players like to take cleared dungeons and turn them into hideouts. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Is there a quick way to "clean up" a map and remove all death markers from it?
    There's a button in the image toolbar.

Thread Information