5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Can't load NPCs

Can't load NPCs

After update, when I open NPCs, it gives me an error and loads practically nothing. Unable to use the search function. I am a player in an Icewind Dale campaign but in my other campaign that I host and DM, I do not have this problem.

Welcome to the boards, sorry you're having a problem.

Generally players can't load NPC's unless the DM has shared them. It's possible the DM unshared them or the module they were sharing from changed. It sounds more like the module changed or an extension involving NPCs changed.

The DM is unable to search for any NPCs either. Unloaded and reloaded all the modules. He was able to get them working in another campaign and can not find the difference between the two. The error references CoreRPG. We tried deleting it and readding it by updating the game. Unloaded themes and nothing. Not sure what is causing it.

Is the GM getting any errors when loading the campaign? Does the GM have the modules loaded?

If the GM has any unzipped rulesets or modules in their FG data folder, it can override the official updated versions. Also, there was a big update at the end of last week, so there may be extensions that need to be updated on the GM side.

To be safe, the GM can click on the folder icon on the FG launcher, delete the rulesets/modules/extensions subfolders; and run a new Check for Updates to get the latest.

Regards,
    JPG

SolomeOU's GM here. No errors on load. Modules loaded.

I don't think I have any corrupt rulesets or modules- it's *just* this campaign that I'm having issues with.

ETA: This also is affecting the Items search.
    Last edited by ShamefulAnamoly; February 28th, 2023 at 02:49.

Can you post a zipped up copy of the campaign folder for us to look at to see if we can spot anything?

Thanks,
    JPG

I've uploaded my campaign folder (sans images, fize size issues) as well as the log I created that night.

Please let me know if there is any other way I can assist.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not having any issues opening up the NPCs from that campaign. I do note that the extensionstate.xml file says that there's an extension (which I do not have; nor do I know what it is) called DWSI_v0.0.12_B-FGU. I'd suggest that is probably the culprit.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Tried loading without that extension (Druid Wild Shape something or other) and everything seemed to worked fine. I'll have to see if theres a new version of that extension if I want to use it in the future I guess.

Thanks for the quick response and help!

Further research (ie, trying to get an updated version of the extension) shows that other users are having the same issues as me with this extension. Yay, it's not a "me" problem.

Thread Information