DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP [PAID] D&D 5e Curse of Strahd Mondays weekly (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Game: Dungeons & Dragons 5e Curse of Strahd (with elements from Van Richten's Guide thrown in), lots of homebrew
    Time: 11AM - 2PM OR 9PM - Midnight EST (could start an hour earlier in either case)
    Cost: $10US/session, $30/month paid in advance via Paypal (see below for explanation)
    Fantasy Grounds: I have the ultimate license, so all you need is the free version
    # of Players: No more than 6 preferably, but I will do my best to work with people who come in as a group.

Hi folks. DM of 30+ years here looking for players interested in a heavily homebrewed take on the Curse of Strahd campaign, with quite a lot of material (including visiting other Domains) from Van Richten's Guide mixed in. The campaign will be roleplay oriented, and combat will frequently be difficult. I alsointend to implement rules for Horror, Madness, and being consumed by the Dark Powers. Power gamers, rules lawyers, murder hobos, and metagamers need not apply. For my part I promise to be fair and reasonable. I see the DM/Player relationship as more of a collaboration than a competition. The goal is to tell great stories.

Pricing Explanation: The cost is $30/month on the assumption that most months, I will host at least 3 sessions. If I run 4 or 5 sessions in a given month, I don't expect extra compensation, I consider it win/win for everyone involved (I hope at any rate!). I am not responsible for sessions canceled due to low player turn-out, but will generally run with 3 or more players, unless the players who are present opt not to.

Characters
    Because of the nature of the setting, non-human PCs will have some degree of trouble in some Domains. This is not meant as a discouragement from playing them, but a reminder that extra difficulty may be encountered.
    Ability Scores will be Standard Array or Point Buy (no random rolling)

Backgrounds: We won't be using stock backgrounds from the books. Instead everyone may create a custom background, granting them 2 Skill Proficiencies as well as 2 choices from either languages or tool kits. We will not be using Background Features.

Races: All of the races from the following books are acceptable; Players Handbook, Eberron: Rising From the Last War, and Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen. (no characters may be native to the Domains of Dread, instead they will be drawn in from the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, and Krynn the world of Dragonlance)

Classes: All character classes and subclasses from the Players Handbook, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft are available. I'd ask players to focus on subclasses that fit with the Gothic Horror theme and avoid those that don't match the intended mood of the setting, but played properly, anything can fit.

Equipment: Characters receive the maximum gold allotted to their character class and may purchase any equipment from the Players Handbook with it, keeping the remainder.

I am interested but could likely only play in the evening time slot. Been a player since the early 80s, have not played in a long time though. I have not played through CoS but I want to badly. This sounds like a great fit to me.

Thread Information