5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Asset Searching

Asset Searching

is there an extension or something that will allow you to go back up one level instead of going back to the start of the index when searching through your assets? or even allows for better searching?

i find the searching through your assets the most frustrating aspect of FGU, and would love to know what tips or tricks the more experienced users use to make this a more pleasant task. it looks like a very robust map making tool, but it's so annoying to want to go up one level to grab something else you seen only to go to the start of the index and work back down 2 or 3 pages to get back to where you were at. It ends up sending me to a different map making tool that's easier to use and then port that map into FGU to put in all the LOS stuff. I want to use the FGU I've got the art sub and would like to take advantage of it what FGU looks like it will let me do, but it doesn't seem all that user friendly, or at least to me.

thanks,

The buttons at the top showing the navigation folders should go to the navigation level clicked on. It doesn't remember paging as you go up/down the hierarchy though.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Drag any of your assets you want to use to the shortcut bar below once you do find most of the assets that you think you might need. For random searches with no plans in mind, it can be a bit frustrating at times. The trick is to try to stay in the search mode and find your assets before you close the assets window. You can go back down one level to a sub folder, but the previous search page place or spot is not preserved as mentioned before. Also, you do have a minimum of three characters to use in the search feature, in which you can use the space bar or an underscore, just in case.Best of luck. Perhaps there will be an easier way to access the assets and preview them in the future. I think it would be easier said then done though.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information